No free books this week. In fact, I've been so busy and preoccupied this week that I feel like it was uneventful. I promise, however, that this post will be just as long, if not longer, as the regular Pink Spotlights :)
First, let's start with the reason why I'm busy. I moved last weekend! I was excited, but I was also very tired. I also felt at peace and happy for the first time! As for the process itself, it took me.... two days to finish moving, and another couple days to get everything organized, and I'm still not done. This move had the most time with the moving and organizing. This time around, I can see the floor and things are organized, which I'm really proud of. Anyways, check out these "before" pictures :) I will try and get "after" pictures of what my room looks like if you're all interested in seeing that. Leave in the comments if you are :)
Take 1: Load from the U-haul Truck
As you can tell, my floor was filled. So, I had to store and organize everything into my closet. I felt accomplished after that. However, I wasn't done...
Take 2: My car load
Anyone else a little baffled that my car seemed to hold more than the U-haul truck? The floor was even more non-existent! Thankfully, I was able to organize my things and see the floor again. I am not completely done yet so I don't have the finished room picture yet. Let me know in the comments if you want an update on that :)
Next up on this awesome spotlight is.... I FINALLY BOUGHT A BOOKCASE! I'm so excited for you all to see! But first, a little story about my initial frustration with the bookcase.
I bought it at Wal-Mart and I should have expected that things might not be perfect. After my friend and I finished assembling it, we realized that the darn thing must be screwed into a stud in the wall. I don't know how to find that, and my friend had to go before we can think further. So, I was stuck to think of a solution. Then, I remembered that my uncle had support at the bottom of his bookcase. So, I cut out some cardboard and put it at the bottom. Luckily, I was able to get the exact same size padding on each side, and ta-da! It worked! I was so excited, I started shelving my books. That was another long process. An hour or so I believe. Anyway, here is what it looks like :)
Did I mention I have insane amount of books????? If you want another proof, look below. I had to separate pocket books!
I actually have that organized but I guess I forgot to take a picture. But hey, here's a detailed video on the entire collection :) At least, as detailed as I can get in 10 minutes :)
Finally, there was a signing and I got to meet Cassandra Clare! Gosh, let me tell you. If I didn't really want to meet her and get my books signed, I would have just gone home. The line was long, the talk was long, and there were so many people. Some of them felt claustrophobic already! Anyway, I was excited nonetheless and glad that I waited in line. I think it was worth it :) Some notes I took when she spoke:
- The movie will come out August 2013.
- When writing her books, she had character ideas before plot ideas.
- She rarely dreamed of her characters.
- She doesn't want to be a shadow hunter.
- Shadow hunter story was inspired by her friend who was a tattoo artist
- She is team Tessa.
- It took her less time to research Mortal Instruments than Infernal Devices.
- She prefers to write late into the night and she has word count deadlines.
- Magnus was half-Asian because she saw a picture on a magazine and decided he was going to be a character.
- One of her favorite scenes is the end scene with Will and Tessa. She wanted to make the readers cry so she wrote the scene over and over. She also liked that Simon used a book of "how to come out when you're gay" as his guide when coming out as a vampire.
- She was invited for the pre-production of the movie, but she doesn't have the time to sit through the entire process.
- She has a writing schedule. If she finishes early, she goes online and answer fan questions.
- She reads contemporary and mysteries when she writes her novels.
- She went to London to do the research for Infernal Devices.
I felt bad when she asked who was my favorite character and I told her I haven't read the books. She did thank me for standing in line and waiting and I thanked her for the picture :)
Tell me in the comments if you want to see the finished room picture (or as finished as it could possibly get with me LOL). Also, tell me what you think of my bookcase!!! Finally, have you met Cassandra Clare or read her books? Tell me all about it!