beauty

Beauty: Alba Botanica Hawaiian Scrub Review

12:00:00 AM Arianne 9 Comments

I've recently (past few months) started getting into natural skincare products. My first purchase was the Alba Botanica Natural Hawaiian Facial Scrub. I fell in love with the pineapple scent right away so I decided to give it a try. I didn't know what to expect, except that it would be good for my skin because of the natural ingredients it contained.



This scrub has a very gentle quality, as opposed to other scrubs that are too abrasive on the skin. I rub it nice and well between my fingers to warm up the product before I apply it on my face. The first time you apply it, you get a wave of the pineapple enzyme scent. It's absolutely refreshing and makes you instantly happy!

After you wash it off your face, it feels as if there's leftover wax or something strange. That's actually the moisturizing portion of the scrub. It feels marvelous, but I also understand that people might think their face is still unclean. It takes a bit of getting used to, but I don't mind it.

After I dry my face, my skin feels incredibly soft and new. I just love this product!

I did notice that the skin around my chin area was drying out as the days went by. I wasn't sure if it was the extreme weather we were currently experiencing. When I went to see my aesthetician, she advised that I only use this product twice a week.

Have you tried this scrub?

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like a nice product. I haven't heard of this brand before. And I use scrubs like this only twice a week too because I get really dry skin otherwise too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Madeline, I'm still waiting to get some extra spending money to send you some goodies that you haven't tried before!

      Delete
  2. I've seen this brand before, but not this product. It sounds really nice though & I love the smell of pineapple so I may have to try & find this next time I'm at Target & have a little spending money. I have the same problem with things like this over drying my skin so I use them once a week too. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'll love it. I want everything from this brand, except the ones with coconut. I don't like the smell of it.

      Delete
    2. I like coconut sometimes, but if it's too strong I'm not a fan. I've been using natural products for a while but couldn't find a face scrub I liked or that wasn't way too expensive.

      Delete
    3. if you get it from Walmart, it's cheaper. However, I have a Target Redcard which gives me 5% off my entire purchase every time. so yeah, either way I guess? It's not abrasive either, so I just absolutely love it. Maybe I should use it tonight. Haven't used it in a week ;)

      Delete
    4. I haven't seen this brand at the Walmart(s) near us. I'll have to look again nest time we're there.

      Delete
  3. Anything that instantly transports me to the tropics and I'm on board! Thanks for the intro, will have to put this on my shopping list!

    xo-Julie
    Peace. Love. LOL!

    Haute Khuuture Blog

    ReplyDelete