Personal: Layout Change & Birthday Photos

Helloooooooooooooo!

As you can probably tell, I've changed my layout yet again. As much as I loved the "Clear" template, it just wasn't helping me with the purpose of this blog. So, I decided to scope out BTemplates for a new and exciting look.

Do you like it?

The beautiful social icons you see on the right side was from Pancake Ninja. Go visit them after you're done here. They have the cutest selection of free social media icons for your blog :)

I've also updated my About page so go ahead and give that a read. I've provided more details this time. Finally, you can always check out my Wishlist if you ever want to send me anything ;) P.S. Let me know if you think I should get a P.O. Box. I don't want to get one if only one of you will be sending me letters, though!

Now that's all said and done, check out the photos from my birthday celebration below!

On my June 13, I went to work, and then had dinner with my housemates afterward. I went to work with my birthday dress, then curled my hair when I came home. We went to a restaurant named Taka, which apparently was a popular sushi spot in San Diego. I had miso soup and the Special Eel roll. For dessert, we had mochi and green tea ice cream. I learned I love strawberry mochi, and hate the actual green tea ice cream. I much prefer fried green tea ice cream :)


In addition to my birthday, it was Friday the 13th, and a full moon. Nothing crazy happened to me, except when I was about to go to sleep, the moon was literally watching me right outside my window. A bit creepy for my taste...



The next day, I got up at 5:30am to get ready to go to Venice Beach Boardwalk. I picked up my friend and then my mom, brother, and his girlfriend, Rachel, around 8:00am. We went to eat at a restaurant called Rose Cafe where we had brunch. I ordered some pancakes and berries. Overall, the food was good, but overpriced. I suppose it was to be expected considering the location, but still...


After Venice Beach Boardwalk, we got stuck in traffic for longer than I could bear. We dropped my friend off so he can have his birthday dinner with his family. My mom, brother, Rachel, and I went to BJ's Restaurant and Brewhouse so we can celebrate his birthday and my belated birthday. 

If you're wondering, my birthday was June 13, and my brother and friend both had their birthdays on June 14. They were born the same year, too!

Anyway, I was too tired, had a headache from wearing contact lenses, and my phone was out of battery. That's why there's no more pictures for the rest of the day. I had the most amazing salad, though. Then, as customary with my mom, she caught the server's attention to announce it was both our birthdays. The waiter was so nice, he gave all three of us (me, bro, and Rachel) a free dessert! Woop!

Overall, we had a great time. I just got a card, some cash, and underwear from Victoria Secret, so I won't show them to you ;)

If you haven't seen my birthday vlog, check it out below :)



Let me know in the comments when your birthday is!
Have you been to Venice Beach Boardwalk?

Arianne

5 comments:

  1. Nice pics :) Belated Happy Birthday...
    Love the new layout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you had a great birthday! Fun that it was on Friday the 13th! LOL Yummy food! Miso soup, sushi and tea! Love! I am obsessed with rice tea right now. Sounds weird but the flavor works perfectly especially with Japanese or Chinese food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a fan of tea at all. It makes me feel sick to my stomach... The miso soup was yummy as always! I think Japanese/Chinese food might be my favorite... probably because of the MSG they use haha.

      Delete
  3. Japanese/Chinese food is my favorite too! You don't like tea! I love tea! LOL Most places don't use MSG anymore so it probably isn't even that! Although they still use hella salt.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments.Feel free to leave your links and let me decide if I want to visit it. If you ask, I most definitely won't do it :)