1D,

Beauty: June Favorites

12:00:00 AM Arianne 12 Comments

This is my first favorites video/blog post. I hope you enjoy!


Ever since I restarted this blog and created a brand new YouTube channel, I've started to be more aware why I like certain products and how long I've been loving them for. So, today, I want to share my June Favorites with you lot :)

FAVORITE MAKEUP BRUSHES - Real Techniques
I found this collection because I watch way too many British YouTubers and they use these brushes often. When I found out my local Ulta were selling them, I immediately went and purchased my own set. Click here for a review of the brushes mentioned here.




This is the most amazing collection I've ever seen. It comes with four brushes and a travel pouch - all for the price of $18.00. I love the high quality of the brushes and the affordability as well. I get to save some money by buying these brushes as opposed to individual MAC brushes. I also get a flawless and airbrushed finished which makes me very happy.



This kit was gifted to me by a Facebook friend for my birthday. I only use two brushes at the moment, three if I'm feeling extra special. Despite that, I love this entire collection. The handles are so easy to grip and the design is just beautiful :)



I purchased this brush along with the Core Collection. With a coupon, I got this brush for less than the retail price of $9.00. I always love a great bargain! This brush helps me make my pores look much smaller and I'm very grateful for that. If you buy nothing else, at least buy this brush.


FAVORITE FACE PRODUCTS - Foundation, Face Primer, Face Powder, and Blush/Bronzer Duo
Nowadays, I use a face primer everyday and a foundation. The combination of the two gives me an airbrushed look that satisfies my little heart immensely :) Add the powder and I get a matte look. Unfortunately, I haven't found a combination that keeps me matte for most of the day. My current routine usually keeps me matte for about 2 hours and I have to reapply powder on my nose and forehead to keep them oil free.



This is my second tube of this foundation. At one point, I was really into BB cream so I stopped using this foundation. However, when I thought of how long I've had it, I figured I should use it up so it doesn't go to waste. It is a full coverage foundation and great for any skin type. Next in my wishlist is the NARS Sheer Glow Foundation so I'm trying to finish this one up before I try the other out :)



I'm in love with this primer because it really reduces the appearance of my pores. Unfortunately, for those who care, this product has silicone. I would still finish this product since it does what I want well. Afterwards, I may look for an alternative primer.



I purchased this powder around the middle of June, but I've always wanted one so I thought I'd add it to my favorites this month. It keeps me matte for the duration of about 2-4 hours, and then I have to reapply. Hopefully I'd be able to find the best way to keep my face oil free for longer periods of time someday soon :)

photo courtesy of Google Images and Project Swatch

I love this duo because they are both shades that I like on my face. They're quite sheer, which is perfect for beginners like me who just learned how to contour. I love the subtle color payout because it reassures me that the chances of me leaving the house with a random streak on my face is low :) It's also really affordable - $3 at Target or Wal-Mart.


FAVORITE LIP PRODUCTS - Lip Balm and Lipsticks
I am not brave enough to wear bold colors on my lips so I stick with nudes and neutrals. I also am quite lazy so I like tinted lip balms :)



I love this because of the sheer tint it gives my lips, especially on lazy moments that I don't want to reapply lipstick. Also, my lips tend to chap as the day progresses, so I prefer to use a tinted lip balm so as not to make the chapping worse. Using a sugar scrub while I'm at work or out in public isn't my preferred way of dealing with my lips.



Rimmel by Kate - Number 08 and 17
I'm in love with this lipstick line. They're affordable and give such a great color to my lips. I love that even though the colors are nude, they still give a little bit of pink or coral undertone so my lips don't look extremely pale and dead-like. I also like that the color stays put throughout the day, especially when I use a Rimmel lip liner as the base. Hopefully in the future I'd be able to wear darker lip shades ;)



FAVORITE EYE PRODUCT - Eyeliner
For some reason, I struggle with my eyeliner melting off my eyes and giving me raccoon eyes. I've tried the MAC Pro Longwear Eyeliner and even that would melt off easily.



I was at Sephora one day looking for a new eyeliner when I saw the NARS counter. I know they're pricey, but I tried the eyeliner on my hand anyway. When I tried to smudge it with my finger, it didn't smudge easily, which made me believe that this wouldn't give me the raccoon eyes. Thankfully, that little test proved to be true. I love this eyeliner and would definitely repurchase :)


FAVORITE SKINCARE - Moisturizer and Sunscreen
I've recently been into natural skincare so when I found Alba Botanica, I was in heaven.



I'm allergic to all sunscreen with the exception of baby sunscreen, that's why I didn't wear them. However, when I went to Venice Beach for my birthday celebration, I got a little sun burnt. It was then I realized I have to use sunscreen. I figured I'd try my trusted Alba Botanica brand. To my delight, I didn't have any allergic reaction! I was very happy about that, not to mention this sunscreen smells amazing :)



I am in love with this moisturizer because it really does keep my face moisturized without making it oily. Click here to read a more in-depth review.


FAVORITE HAIR CARE - Shampoo and Conditioner
As with skincare, I've also been trying to be as natural with my hair products as possible. When I discovered Organix (OGX), I just fell in love.



I'm in love with this because it smells amazing, keeps the moisture in my hair after washing, and makes it so much easier to brush my hair because it doesn't leave them tangled.


FAVORITE MUSIC - Pop
I've been listening to Pandora a lot while I'm at work. Some songs play every single day so they get stuck in my head ;) Check them out below.


Stuttering - Fefe Dobson (Throwback)

You and I - One Direction

Not a Bad Thing - Justin Timberlake


RANDOM FAVORITES
Another thing I've been loving this month is a Caesar Salad dressing from Cardini's. It has egg yolks in the ingredients and if you know me, I love eggs in my salad. 


My final favorite is a vlog channel on YouTube by none other than Zoella! Her daily vlogs in June were such a treat every time I would come home from work. I always look forward to unwinding on my bed with her videos. I've embedded Day One below. I hope you'll watch the entire playlist when you have the time :)



Thanks for reading! Let me know in the comments what your favorite things were in June!

Arianne

12 comments:

  1. Lovely post,hun!
    Keep in touch xoxo
    Antonella!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love real techniques brushes too, as you well know, hehe. I really like the photos you took for this post. And I want to try some of the MAC products range soon, do you have any recommendation for a lipstick shade? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to take great photos like you, so thank you! :)

      For the MAC lipsticks, I only own one from them. I like the Lustre collection because it already has a shine to it. I'm lazy and doesn't use lip gloss, so a built-in shine is a plus for me :) Mine is called "See Sheer" since I like my neutral shades :)

      Delete
  3. Came across your Blog from Fleur's I would just like to say that your blog is amazing..I love the design and the pictures.. Just amazing


    If you have a minute please come over to my Blog http://myroutinesjade.blogspot.co.uk/ leave a comment if you would.... it would mean a lot


    have a lovely day.. Keep up the good work


    Jade :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your post, I think I will purchase Bars products and the real techniques brushes since I always read so many good things about them.

    I've followed you ^_^

    Sally
    http://sallymeetstheworld.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like them as much as I do :)

      Delete
  5. Real techniques brushes are my absolute favorite! Lovelovelove them. Also, where did you pick up the Kate Moss lipsticks? I've been looking for them!

    xx brittneeblogs.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know fi I'd even try any other brushes after Real Techniques. the combination of quality and affordability is a big winner for me.

    Rimmel by Kate can be purchased in any drugstore :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some great picks in here! I love Laura Mercier <3

    lorrieloves.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. AH I love me some real techniques! I have the exact same brush sets as you and they've lasted me so well :) let me know if you try out any more!!

    jacinthahood.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to try the stippling brush next :D

      Delete