alba botanica,

Beauty: Heat Wave Essentials

12:00:00 AM Arianne 1 Comments


California have been suffering from a statewide drought for about three years now. Recently, we've just experienced yet another heatwave. In light of this, I decided to share my heatwave essentials!

Cosmetics
A primer is a must if you want your makeup to stay put all day. I use the Too Faced Primed & Poreless Pure Primer and it is oil-free. Then, I use the Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream because I found that compared to my high end face products, this is the only lightweight product that will not make my face oily. It also has SPF 30 which is even better during a heat wave. Finally, I use my MAC Studio Careblend Pressed Powder throughout the day to make sure I stay oil-free even in the crazy heat.

I'm using the Maybelline Falsies mascara because to be honest, everyone needs mascara regardless of the weather, right? For lips, I am using a combination of my Rimmel London 007 Rose Quartz lip liner and my current favorite Too Faced Coral Fire lipstick. This is such a creamy lipstick; I would highly recommend it. In fact, I want the shade I Want Candy the next time I'm in the market for a new lipstick.

Skincare
Protect your skin! I love my Alba Botanica Hawaiian Sunscreen with SPF 45. It smells amazing and it's the only sunscreen I'm not allergic to. Also in a heat wave, it gets very hot, but during a drought, we have to conserve as much water as we can. Take a shower only once a day, but stock up on deodorant. I'm currently using the Dove Advanced Care Cool Essentials. It smells amazing and doesn't leave any white residue. Finally, we all need to moisturize regardless of the weather. I love my Alba Botanica Hawaiian Oil Free Moisturizer because it's lightweight, smells good, and really moisturizing!

Haircare
Heat usually means more oil, not just in your face, but also in your hair. I suggest using a dry shampoo, but if you don't have one, a sea salt spray would be a nice alternative. I use the Toni&Guy Sea Salt Texturizing Spray and I love the fresh ocean smell it has! Sea Salt tends to be a bit drying, so spray a little bit on your roots, massage it in, and you instantly have fresher hair, not to mention extra volume!

Check out the video below to see me talk about these essential products.



Let me know in the comments how you stay fresh during hot weather days!


Arianne
Bloglovin | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love the shade of the Too Faced lipstick, it's perfect! :) xx

    Velvet Blush

    ReplyDelete