james dashner,

Life: The Maze Runner Movie

12:00:00 AM Arianne 10 Comments

Photo courtesy of Google Images

Has anyone read The Maze Runner by James Dashner? I have. After reading it, I remember being exhausted and telling myself that I would wait a long while before I read the second book. That was a year or so ago. The book wasn't gory or traumatizing. Something about it was just...overwhelming.

This movie, on the other hand, was EPIC. There's been a lot of books to movies lately, but this was one that was a bit difficult for me to decide on. The movie itself was amazing. It was action-packed and it kept me at the edge of my seat. I also kept saying that Thomas was crazy and some moments brought tears to my eyes. Overall, this movie was enjoyable and a must-watch.

However, having read the book, I could tell you that, in my opinion, the movie was true to the book only half the time. I felt like the second half was completely written by the Hollywood writers to make it more interesting and captivating. It worked, but because of this, I couldn't decide whether I was happy with it or not.

I still think everyone should go see the movie, and everyone should also read the book.

Fun Fact: The character of Minho was played by Ki Hong Lee. I was looking through his IMDB credits because he looked familiar to me. He was in the movie Yellow Face that I did back in Jan 2013! I never actually met him, but it was cool knowing we were in the same film. Haha, nerd moment.

Have you read the book and will you be seeing this movie?


Arianne
Bloglovin | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram

10 comments:

  1. Oooh I haven't seen this or read the book but the concept really interests me :D
    Fab post <3
    Hattie
    hattiehards.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. let me know if you do watch the movie or read the book. I really enjoyed them!

      Delete
  2. I can't wait to see the film! I felt the same way about the book, something overwhelmed me. I still haven't read the following 2 or the prequel! Wow I didn't know you had been in a film, especially with Ki Hong Lee, my best friend has a bit of a crush on him :)

    megansbeautyblog22.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't actually remember if I ever saw Ki Hong Lee in person, but he was quite gorgeous in the movie :)

      I didn't know there was a prequel to the Maze Runner! I think I have to go get the second book now, or at least borrow it from the library :)

      Delete
  3. i haven't read this book but then again i almost never read young adult fiction. until it gets super hyped up and then i cant get away without read it hahah. "the fault in our stars" was one of those books.

    Jenn
    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read nor seen The Fault In Our Stars.. seems too sad for me.

      Delete
  4. Oooh I hadn't actually heard of this before, I may have to check it out! I've noticed a hell of a lot of books being made into films too, I am particularly excited to watch Gone Girl!

    Elesaurus | elesaurusrawr.blogspot.com
    YouTube - Eleanor Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what's Gone Girl about? and let me know when you see/read this one... soo good!!!

      Delete
    2. Its kinda difficult to describe but its SO clever. My favourite of Gilliam Flynn's books and I'd reccommend it to anyone.

      Delete
  5. I keep meaning to read this book but I dunno just seems like hunger games in a maze and kind of puts me off! I wanna see the film but i hate watching a film when I know its a book and haven't read it... if that makes sense haha

    ReplyDelete