beauty,

Life/Beauty: Happy Halloween!

7:59:00 PM Arianne 8 Comments


"When black cats prowl and pumpkins gleam, may luck be yours on Halloween."

What are you all up to?! Eating sweets I hope! I've had a few myself ;) I wasn't planning on dressing up for work, but then I thought, "hey, it'd be fun!" I was only at work for 4 hours so I didn't want to put too much effort. I decided, a simple cat I was to become! I got the idea from this blog post.

Last night, I practiced the whiskers and nose to make sure it would look good. Then, I painted my nails with Wet 'n' Wild's Disturbia which is a really dark purple. I didn't like it when I bought it last year, but this is my first time really using it and I love it! Before I went to bed, I watched some YouTube videos, as per usual, and found a gorgeous Grunge Makeup Tutorial from Gabriella :)



Today, I decided to give the eye makeup a try. I absolutely loved it, even though I wasn't able to achieve it quite like she did. Add the whiskers and the button nose and ta-da! I'm a cat :) (please excuse my super flat hair.. I need a haircut to make it lighter again)

I took a couple pictures with two minions from work and I even asked if they can take a picture of my simple "costume." I really didn't want to buy anything so I just wore my favorite flirty little black dress. (apparently, "minions" were the popular costume this year)

Let me know in the comments what character you ended up being for Halloween.
Also, what candies did you eat?

Arianne

8 comments:

  1. Cute! I was a cat last year. I didn't dress up this year. I've been eating sooo much candy though. Woops! haha

    xx brittnee
    www.brittneeblogs.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. same here with the candy... it needs to stop! haha

      Delete
  2. You look so cute with that makeup on. I don't know why but I love cat costumes/makeup, I think everyone looks so adorable in those. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too.. it's such a youthful look :)

      Delete
  3. Looks like you had fun! That look looks great :) xx

    Velvet Blush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. looks can be deceiving, but it was fun while it lasted.. I smeared my cat nose a couple hours later haha

      Delete
  4. See I told you, you look so cute as a cat! Plus I think it's a great costume for work :)

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thanks :) it was my first time being a cat :)

      Delete