blogging community,

Life: 2014 Reflection

12:00:00 AM Arianne 8 Comments



It is the end of the year and that means it's time to reflect on what my year had been like... First of all, I think my look had changed quite a bit, and I'm happy with what it is now. The more the days go by, the more I learn about doing my makeup and my hair, and I'm enjoying every bit of it.

This year I also had struggles with "family" and what it really meant to have a family. I learned that they didn't always have to be blood family. Family was a group of people that cared about me regardless of my flaws. Family was people who loved me unconditionally no matter how many times I made mistakes.

The last day of May 2014, I restarted this blog and it was one of the best decisions I've made this year. I love this community and am very thankful to have made friends from it.

In June 2014, I started a new YouTube channel and I've enjoyed editing every single video I've uploaded. I enjoyed editing them the most. I never realized how much I would love it, especially when I got my Macbook Pro in November 2014 and I was finally able to use iMovie!

As well in June 2014, I purchased a new car with my own money for the very first time. It's all thanks to my friend who encouraged me and helped me set a goal for myself. After that, I decided to plan things into the future, and now I am enjoying my Apple products - yet another little dream I had.

Yet another accomplishment in June 2014, I met my favorite British YouTubers! I was over the moon excited to meet Zoe, Joe, Caspar, and Tanya during Vidcon. Meeting them was something I would cherish until I can meet them again, hopefully under better circumstances :)

Finally, I enjoyed this blog very much because it's a place I could express myself without being judged. It had come to my attention that some readers might have been offended when reading this blog. That was not my intention, but I understand if my topics are not everyone's cup of tea. This blog was and is my baby, and this is my place of comfort. If you don't like what I write about, please exit now and don't torture yourself reading something you dislike. Life is too short to be wasting your time. 

Thank you for an incredible year. I can't wait to start a new year, achieve more things, and share them with you. I hope you'll stick around!


Arianne

8 comments:

  1. Yay for a great year! Restarting your blog was definitely a great idea!

    LOVE the side fringe you had going on in April btw, you should so get it again!

    Elesaurus | elesaurusrawr.blogspot.com
    Youtube - Eleanor Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! the April photo was just a different hair part, not a fringe.. :) maybe one day I'll do a throwback post of old pictures if I can find them

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year! Congratulations on purchasing your first car! I purchased mine a couple years ago and it's almost paid off now. It's a nice feeling when you can start paying for your own things- and you start to appreciate them more when it's your own hard work and money that affords you these things!
    xx
    Jenny // Mish Mosh Makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely appreciate my car more because I am still paying for it! I just love it, and I get that feeling of being in love sometimes when I look at it and it's all shiny and clean :)

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on restarting the blog and youtube, that's amazing! Happy New Year :) xx

    Velvet Blush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! Hope you have a wonderful 2015!

      Delete
  4. I love your hair in April it looks flawless :) That's so cool you restarted your blog. I didn't post as much in 2014, but I am glad I have picked it up again as I am really enjoying it. So cool you met Zoella and the gang. I met Jim and Tanya in Leicester Square outside the W hotel one night after work and I went up to them, but I really didn't know what to say to them and it was just awkward.

    I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award, I'd love it if you took a look at my post and participated :)
    http://lorileesadventures.blogspot.ca/2015/01/versatile-blog-award-winner.html

    Lorilee x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the lovely comment! When I met the British YouTubers, I didn't really get to say anything... I do remember saying to Caspar "omg you're SO tall!" but I don't know if he heard me ;) I was super awkward to say the least...

      Delete