christmas jumper,

Life: Christmas Resolution

12:00:00 AM Arianne 4 Comments

Photo courtesy of Google Images

Can you imagine me sitting in front of my computer doing a Google search of types of posts I can do relating to Christmas? Well, I did it...and failed to find anything I can do. Why is that, you ask? That's because I don't have many memories that stands out to me. Nothing special that gives me that warm feeling when I think of Christmas. That sounds depressing, doesn't it? That's why I thought I will list my Christmas resolutions this year.

What is a Christmas resolution?

It's similar to a New Year's Resolution in which you make a list of things that you plan to do to change your life for the better. A Christmas resolution is simply a list of things I plan to do to make Christmas each year a little better even if I spend it alone...

  • Make hot cocoa and watch a Christmas movie - a warm drink and a sappy movie with snow and Christmas carols are guaranteed to get me in a festive mood.
  • Stay busy - work, work, work. One of the worst things during holiday season is being home alone and idle, allowing my mind to feel sorry for myself that I'm home alone instead of surrounded with family or friends. Working will get my mind off such useless thoughts.
  • Create a Christmas wish list - Of course I'll be the one buying myself presents, but that doesn't mean I don't need a wish list to remind myself the things I want for Christmas. 
  • Buy Christmas jumpers - nothing more festive than wearing something Christmas-y :)
  • Buy a small fake Christmas tree - this might be a stretch for me, but I'll try.

There you have it, my five Christmas resolutions for the year 2014. I've done two of them so far. Unfortunately, it's too late for me to buy a Christmas jumper that I actually like, so that will have to wait until next year. However, I can still make myself hot cocoa and watch a movie :)

Leave me in the comments below your Christmas resolutions!



Arianne

4 comments:

  1. Ahh I really hope you enjoy this Christmas! Merry Christmas! My resolution is to make good food and enjoy the day (watching movies and more movies) ;) xx

    Velvet Blush

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definitely have to watch Love Actually. One of the best Christmas movies! Hope you make the best out of your Christmas!! <3

    xx brittnee | www.brittneeblogs.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recommend Polar express, best christmas movie I have ever seen! Have you bought a fake christmas tree? Make the best out of your christmas. Even if it's not how people expect it to be! You are in control!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is such a lovely post! i don't think i have any xmas resolutions other than a duvet day on boxing day!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ReplyDelete