beauty,

Beauty Battle: Concealers

12:00:00 AM Arianne 5 Comments



Hey everyone! Today I wanted to compare two of my concealers. I was told they were similar to each other so I wanted to try them both.

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in the shade Fair
(Note: I purposely asked for a lighter shade when I got this from a blogger swap)
Pros:
  • Full coverage - if you have something you really want covered, this is the concealer to use. It's so thick, it really covers blemishes.
Cons:
  • Packaging - as you can see from the photo, the label had already faded
  • Tube - I had quite the trouble with this when it would overflow. That was the main reason why the label was faded - because I had to keep wiping the excess that would flow out when I closed the tube
  • Use sparingly - this concealer is easy to build, but you don't want cakey under eyes ;)

Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in the shade Sand
Pros:
  • Runny - the reason I bought concealers in tubes was because I wanted a liquid concealer. This was perfect for that purpose
  • Packaging - it's simple and sleek - it didn't overflow
  • Thin - I like that this concealer wasn't cakey. It applied thin and dissolved perfectly

Cons:
  • Streaky - the first time I used this, it was a bit streaky so I really had to buff it in. I'm not sure if that's a good thing under the eyes?

I'm sure you can tell which one I preferred. I was glad I tried both, but next time, I know which one to repurchase.

Have you tried these concealers? How was your experience?


Arianne

5 comments:

  1. i love lasting perfection concealer!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer it works really well for covering up my blemishes when I am having a bad skin day

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find the collection concealer a bit too cakey for my dry under eye area but I love the Maybelline Fit Me. It's been my favourite concealer of 2014. :) x

    Renata | Speaking Beauty UK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find it cakey sometimes too!! Like, sometimes I get carried away and apply too much because it seems like that's what my fave youtubers are doing... clearly, that's a bad idea haha... I'm glad I found a new concealer I love besides Rimmel's Match Perfection.

      Delete