beauty,

Beauty: Real Techniques Brush Review

12:00:00 AM Arianne 14 Comments


Around the time that I moved, I didn't have the motivation to wash my brushes. In a desperate attempt, I used the Real Techniques Pointed Foundation Brush to apply my foundation. I didn't use it before because I thought it was really small and it would take ages to blend the foundation on my face.

According to the Real Techniques website, this brush is to be used "with liquid foundation to build custom coverage."

Unfortunately, it was less than satisfactory.

The application was streaky and it really did take ages to finish applying foundation on my face. I also felt like I used more foundation than I would have if I used my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush

Overall, I would not recommend this brush to apply foundation. Instead, I use it for applying highlighter until I can get a better brush to use. 

Have you used this brush to apply foundation?



14 comments:

  1. I'm so surprised you don't like it! I use it to apply my MUFE HD foundation and love it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's too small and uses too much product... I just don't have that kind of patience ;)

      Delete
  2. Just getting into the makeup world and find it so interesting about all the different brushes! Thanks for the heads up about this one.

    Chelsea
    Chowing Down by the Bay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this brand is definitely my holy grail - affordable and amazing... even if this didn't work for what it's made for, I'm able to use it for something else :)

      Delete
  3. personally, I love this brush, but not for foundation. The shape is perfect for going under eyes and covering blemishes xx

    Rose
    http://www.lepetitrianon.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I might have used it for that purpose before, but I really like a rounded brush for everything if I had the choice :)

      Delete
  4. I got my first real techniques brush this Christmas and love!

    Love your photography in this post btw, someone's already achieving their New Year's resolutions ;)

    Elesaurus | elesaurusrawr.blogspot.com
    Youtube - Eleanor Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thank you :D so glad you think so (photo)! I'm excited to improve every single post! no room for laziness in 2015

      Delete
  5. I feel the same way! I used that brush for a while to do my concealer and then I tried the face brush and I loved it sooo much more.
    xx brittnee | www.brittneeblogs.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the face brush is pretty much an all-purpose brush, isn't it? I absolutely love it! I've seen it used for foundation and concealer at the same time in one of the YouTube videos that I've watched :)

      Delete
    2. I totally meant foundation. I don't know why I typed concealer. hahaha but yes!

      Delete
  6. I also don't see any point to this brush either, came with the set but didn't do much as I expected. If you have the buffing brush, I would definitely recommend using that for foundation, it is amazing. Also happy to see that your images are improving a lot Ayre, keep going! :)

    Elif
    THATSALEAF⎜Beauty. Fashion. Lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the buffing brush, and I use it for contour/bronzer :) amazing!

      Delete
    2. and this is the first photo I'm super happy with.. you wouldn't believe what my background was... ;)
      Picmonkey is also amazing... my new fave...

      Delete