333 pacific,

Food: 333 Pacific

12:00:00 AM Arianne 8 Comments



As long as I lived in the San Diego area, I never knew about Restaurant Week. It was an event all over San Diego held twice a year in which restaurants offer their menu for a discounted price. From my experience, they had a specific menu for Restaurant Week. There was an appetizer, the main dish, and dessert for a whopping $30 for dinner. That's quite a deal considering some of the main dishes in 333 Pacific were more than $30 as it was!

I was excited to experience this event, and I was not disappointed. We were served water as usual, but what piqued my interest was that when I asked for a straw, they presented them to us in a towel. No plastic or paper wrapping on their straws. Quite fancy if you asked me.


To start the experience, they served us two small garlic bread sticks and one dish of butter. Oh my gosh, foodgasm! Best bread I've ever tasted, and the butter was so creamy as well.


By this time, we already placed our order. We all went for the same thing because the restaurant ran out of the salmon (they didn't anticipate that it would be popular!) and none of us were interested in the gnocchi. Anyway, I got a delightful plate of calamari for my appetizer. It was enough to fill me for dinner and it was only the starting dish! It was so delicious and perfect! Although, I would have loved more sauce, as did my companions.


Slowly, but surely, I finished the big plate of appetizer. We still had a bit of time to wait for the main dish, but when it arrived, I was pleasantly surprised. I'm not a big fan of steak, and I also try not to eat red meat as much as I can. However, I was quite happy with my dish. It was cooked medium well and surprisingly, I enjoyed it. The mashed potatoes, however, took a bit of time to get used to. It was garlic flavored, but it was also a bit tangy which definitely put off my companions. I didn't mind it after a while because I LOVE mashed potatoes! Finally, I'm glad they put green (string) beans on the plate instead of a different kind of vegetable because I was actually able to eat and enjoy it!


Finally, it was time for dessert. I was really excited because I've never had creme brûlée before! To my dismay, my dessert was half burnt. Regardless, though, I didn't care much for the caramelized sugar. I know it's the trademark of the dish, but I could have been happy with just the creme underneath. I'm not high maintenance when it comes to dessert, really!


Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed my experience at 333 Pacific. I would definitely come back again during Restaurant Week. I'm sorry, I just can't afford it during regular days ;)


If you are ever in the San Diego area, make sure to stop by! Feel free to make a reservation since they're pretty busy during dinnertime! 
They're located at 333 North Pacific Street, Oceanside, CA 92054. 




Photos in this post were taken using my iPhone 6 and edited using PicMonkey. The first photo was courtesy of Active Rain.

8 comments:

  1. The food looks delicious! If only I was close to San Diego.. I'm from the UK :(


    www.rachelcoco.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg that steak and creme brulee look so delish! Love this foodie post! :)

    Chelsea
    Chowing Down by the Bay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed it. My fave was the Calamari though.. I LOVE seafood!

      Delete
  3. Those dishes look delicious Ayre! I love trying new places too! I love food. haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love food, too! I'm really loving photographing them lately as well!

      Delete
  4. Oh that looks so yummy! Wish I lived in the US just so that I could come here!

    Emily x
    wondersofafairytale.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and here I am wishing I lived in England so I can go to Nando's...

      Delete