dairy queen,

Life: How I Spent Valentine's Day

12:00:00 AM Arianne 10 Comments


I usually film my Sunday videos on Saturdays, but since it was Valentine's Day yesterday, I thought "what the heck, I can take a break." So, instead of getting up early as I usually do, I slept in for a little bit. When I finally decided that I was awake, I watched some YouTube videos to get my day started. 

By 9am, I was showered and already doing some line editing for my current client. Around 10:45am, I got a call about doing a small job on MS Word. I had to reschedule a previous appointment in order to accommodate it. No big deal, I did it and I was off for my appointment.

Just before 12:30pm, I arrived at Kiwi Salon to get my brows done by the amazing Jessica. I didn't mind paying a whopping $18 + tip to do my eyebrows because she had always been amazing. I was a bit late for my next appointment (well, I was just going to hang out with my coworker/friend, but I was late nonetheless). 

By 1:15pm, I arrived at the mall to meet my friend. We walked around and ended up at LUSH for our first stop of the day. I got a sample of the No Drought dry shampoo and the I Love Juicy shampoo. I can't wait to try them!

As we were making our way deeper into the mall, I spotted Victoria's Secret. I knew I wanted a new bra so I just told my friend we were going in there and we were going to look around. I found someone to help me and bam! There I went with something pretty for myself :)

Our next stop was Sephora. I really wanted to try the new NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation. The lovely Alejandra helped me find my perfect shade, and she even redid my bronzer! She was amazing and gave me TWO samples of the foundation. This was unheard of! From my experience, the associates were usually stingy about the samples, but not this time!

Our next stop was lunch. Clearly, we were going all the way with treating ourselves. I tried the Tiger roll for the first time and oh my goodness - it was amazing. I LOVED the way the shrimp was cooked and it just seemed really simple, but quite satisfying. My friend got Shrimp Tempura Roll, Edamame and pan fried Gyoza. I shared the latter, but didn't eat the vegetable. No, thank you.

After lunch, we ended up at the library because I needed to return some movies I borrowed. Then, I coaxed her into checking out the Friends of the Library Bookstore. Thanks to me, she ended up walking out of there with 5 books for a whopping $2.50. I love this bookstore because all the books were donated by people in the community and therefore, the books were so cheap! Seriously, there were classic authors there selling for $5!

And then it was time for dessert. We made our way back to the mall because my friend's car was parked there, and we decided to just take the plunge and get some Dairy Queen. Oh yes! I got a simple Vanilla dipped in Chocolate cone while my friend got a fancy Butterfinger blizzard. I just love Dairy Queen, the end.

Overall, my Valentine's Day was quite relaxed and enjoyable!



Let me know in the comments what you did for this "special" day!



10 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had an amazing day! I wish we had Sephora in the UK it looks so great!
    Lovely post!
    Hattie
    hattiehards.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder, where do you buy your high end products, and are you able to get samples?

      Delete
  2. The video quality is really not bad!! I should start using my iPhone 6 to video things too!
    And spending time with friends is such a good way to spend valentines day! i'm glad you had fun :)

    X, Carina
    Running White Horses | Fashion + Travel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my iPhone 6 has a better quality than my old point and shoot camera and I always have it with me so it's easier to just use it to vlog :) thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Your Valentine's Day looked awesome – and so does that sushi. And also, I really really like header of your blog (the ayre in the boxes). I think it fits your blog nicely, and you're quite good at PhotoShop :)

    -Nicole
    www.meetmeinmidtown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the sushi was yummy! I like to try new things when I get sushi, though I have my favorites. This definitely was a new favorite!

      Delete
  4. Valentine's day with some Victoria's Secret? Anytime thanks :)
    --------

    http://breakfastataris.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had a much better day than me! I worked all day :(

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww, sorry to hear that! hope you had at least time to relax when you got home!

      Delete