alba botanica facial sunscreen,

Beauty: High End & High Street Haul

12:00:00 AM Arianne 12 Comments


I have been buying quite a few things because I need to restock my very modest collection. As soon as I realized that my products have been expired for a good few years, I decided it was time to say goodbye and find some replacements.

Vaseline Rosy Tint Lip Balm - I love the smell of rose and I have been loving Vaseline lately, so it made sense that I would buy the tinted version. It's sticky and I don't like sticky, but maybe if I put it in the fridge, it'll get better?

Aquaphor - I get dry around my chin and Vaseline wasn't strong enough. Aquaphor was the only thing that worked for me, so I went ahead and bought one!

Up and Up Oil Blotting Sheets - this was amazing. It was in a latex form, but I don't know if it was actually made of latex. It got the job done so I was fine with it.

Botanics Hot Cloth Cleansing Balm - I wanted a dupe for Liz Earle and Emma Hardie cleansing balms, so when I saw this, I wanted to go and try it. It also had good reviews at Makeup Alley, so I thought, "why not?" This balm also made my face feel really soft. It looked like solid olive oil.

Burt's Bees Radiant Facial Cleanser with Royal Jelly - this cleanser had my favorite smell of all time! It smelled so good and it literally made my face radiant the next day.

Alba Botanica Facial Sunscreen with SPF 30 - I finally got this facial sunscreen! It was the only one I was eyeing. I saw it at Marshalls for 50% off and I didn't think twice. I bought it and I was happy that it didn't make my face greasy!

The Body Shop Aloe Eye Defense - I don't know if I needed an eye cream, but I thought it would be nice to get one. This was supposed to be an eye gel/cream, but it's more in a liquid form for me.

Tarte Clean Slate 360 degrees Creaseless Eye Primer - It was 3.9 out of 5 at Makeup Alley and it was actually super incredible! It didn't crease AT ALL and kept my eyeshadows as fresh as when I applied them!

Smashbox Try It Kit - I needed a new travel size BB cream and when I saw the Try It Kit, I thought it was a good deal. The kit itself was $29 and the BB cream alone was $20. The kit came with a small kabuki brush, the Halo Hydrating Powder, and a small sample of the Original Photo Finish Foundation primer.




Let me know if you've used any of these products and how you like them!



12 comments:

  1. Amongst all I am mostly intrigued about Botanics Hot Cloth Cleansing Balm! I am going back and forth on buying the Emma Hardie, but term it's a bit expensive! So if this is a good dupe for that, I would like to hear your thoughts more on that one in the near future. :)

    Elif xo

    THATSALEAF ⎜Beauty. Style. Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried Liz Earle or Emma Hardie cleansing balms so I don't really have anything to compare it to. In America, if we don't like something, we can return it. I heard it's not the same for the UK, but it had great reviews on Makeup Alley!

      Delete
  2. I've seen some of the Smashbox Try Me Kits recently and have been really tempted to grab one since. I love sample sizes as you get to try a small amount before deciding whether you want to commit to the full size (and more expensive) product. I really wanna try their primers so might pick one of these kits soon. x

    Renata | Speaking Beauty UK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried the sample primer and used too much so my face was slicked ... I haven't tried it again since. I prefer the Light version of the original primer. Also, the Halo powder that it came with is the same shade as the BB cream, but it made my face darker... yikes.

      Delete
    2. Such a shame. But that's why these samples are good. Imagine buying the wrong thing in a big size? I wanna try their original primer. I think we have a try it set with it in the UK. :)

      Delete
    3. I also love kits because I just love the little versions of the products :D

      Delete
  3. I love Aquaphor for dry lips and knuckles. It's the only thing that works for my in the winter! What do you think of the eye cream? I've been debating on whether I should buy an eye cream or not. I feel like I'm too young, but I know it's important to start that stuff early!

    -Nicole
    www.meetmeinmidtown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, I bought an eye cream, but I don't really know how to tell if it's working. The reviews on the Body Shop website says it de-puffs and stuff.. Well, I don't think I have that problem so I don't really know if it's working haha...

      Delete
  4. Love this! ♥
    You are making me jealous, pretty!

    adoorablee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always see the botanics range in Boots and I've heard it's supposed to be really good, so I want to try some of their products too :)

    Velvet Blush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. let me know how it works out for you!

      Delete