beauty,

Beauty: L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte Review

12:00:00 AM Arianne 8 Comments


I was so excited to get try the L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation, so shortly after it came out, I went and got it. Let's start with what it claims to do.
  • Air-light texture - TRUE!
  • Barely there feel - TRUE!
  • Flawless - TRUE!
  • Demi-matte finish - FALSE!
  • Goes on smooth - TRUE!
  • Smooth, clear complexion - TRUE!

As you can see, this foundation was almost very true to what it claimed to be. It applied completely matte and felt amazing. It glided on amazingly and gave my skin a flawless complexion. The texture really was air-light as well.

I really wanted to keep it and work with it. To get a fair review, I used it four times. The only downfall, and the biggest, was the finish. It made my face oily as soon as I stepped outside the front door, and it steadily became oilier as the day progressed. If you knew me, I like foundations/BB cream that stay demi-matte for the whole day where I wouldn't have to powder my face. Unfortunately, this foundation didn't do that for me. My face was so slick, you can cook an egg on my forehead. This was the same reason I never purchased the NARS Sheer Glow Foundation, and the same reason that I returned this foundation.

I would highly recommend the L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation to people with dry or normal skin. If you have combination or oily skin, I would look for something else.

I hope this review helped you. 
Let me know in the comments if you've tried this foundation or if you plan on getting it.



8 comments:

  1. hey hun i nominated you for a blogger award heres the link to the post

    http://beautygeekxoxocuties.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/the-versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww I wanted to try this :( I get an oily nose. Lol
    What would you recommend instead for combination skin?

    Bex x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would suggest Covergirl Ready Set Gorgeous :) review coming soon.

      Delete
  3. SO glad I read this as I was considering it! I swear by Clinique Stay Matte Make Up but wanted a slightly cheaper alternative for back up. So annoying, I get oily skin so quickly so it has to be a good matte effect for me to purchase xxx lovely post as always

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if I find a nice drugstore foundation that stays somewhat matte throughout the day, I'd definitely be blogging about it :D

      Delete
  4. I have been eyeing this and since I have dry/combo skin, it might work for me though the oil slick part sounds gross as I fear it would fail me in summers. x

    Jadirah Sarmad | Jasmine Catches Butterflies ʚϊɞ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd say give it a try.. maybe get a sample or if you're able to return products you don't end up liking..

      Delete
  5. You have the exact same view as me on this foundation! First time I tried it I got oily so quick and I just assumed it was because of the weather. But I tried it again today and I'm having the same oily results. Very disappointed as so many people love it! I don't even have really oily skin!

    The Makeup Directory

    ReplyDelete