beauty,

Beauty: Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes

12:00:00 AM Arianne 8 Comments


You all know how much I love a good sale, so when the Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes Mascara became part of the Ulta 21 Days of Beauty Steal, I knew I had to go and get it. I don't really buy high end mascaras, but it was on sale for $10, which was only a few dollars more than drugstore mascaras, so I thought it was justified.

Original price: $21

This is a 4-in-1 mascara that is "lengthening, curling, volumizing, and conditioning" and it is "dermatologist- and clinically-proven to increase the appearance of lash volume."

Now that is quite the claim for this mascara. Looking at the bristles, it doesn't really look like it does all of that. Per my experience, it is lengthening, but that's about it. It does not curl my lashes and definitely does not give it volume. I've tried this for a few weeks, and there are days when I'm lazy and I use it on its own. My lashes look less than satisfactory, even with two coats. 

As a solution to my dilemma, I use this mascara in conjunction with my drugstore Rimmel Retro Glam mascara. I will be reviewing this mascara in a couple weeks so look out for that.

One thing I do like about this product is that it doesn't have all the bad things like parabens and SLS and it is ophthalmologist tested. If you're looking for a dupe for this mascara, check out L'Oreal Telescopic Mascara.

Overall, this is good enough as a supporting character to my drugstore superstar mascaras (you like that Hollywood reference there?), but I would not be repurchasing it.



8 comments:

  1. We don't have tarte in the UK but I love reading about their products you.

    I love the packaging!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, people said they want to try it.. it's okay.. I like some of their products. I want to try their BB cream :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Ayre! Too bad this one turned out to be somewhat dissapointing! When I started reading I started getting all excited lol promised so much, but the bristles look like they give more definition then volume indeed. great blog! ;)

    x Josune, Your Beauty Script ❤

    http://yourbeautyscript.com/

    PS: Shall we follow? ;)

    Instagram: https://instagram.com/yourbeautyscript/
    bloglovin: https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/your-beauty-script-13547973

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. packaging was my favorite part.. other than that, I prefer a drugstore mascara :)

      Delete
  3. You got a great bargain! Everybody has been raving about it so much but I guess it is pretty average after all. xx

    Jadirah Sarmad | Jasmine Catches Butterflies ʚϊɞ

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is hands down my favourite mascara and I will repurchase but it just goes to show we all have different lashes and preferences after all!

    Great blog lovely, keep it up :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. maybe I'm not using it properly, but the bristles are just so small that it doesn't add volume, only lengthens..

      Delete
  5. Oooooh it's interesting to read another view on it, everyone usually says it's amazing! I'm so close to adding it to my cart though haha :)

    ReplyDelete