dealing with loss,

Life: Missing Someone You've Lost

12:00:00 AM Arianne 5 Comments



When people would talk about losing someone, I couldn't relate because I haven't lost anyone close to me. During a recent Twitter chat, I realized that I was lying to myself. I did lose someone, and I was a bit sad that I had almost forgotten about this person.

When I was 10 years old, I lost my nanny. She was a second mother to me. We had an agreement that she wasn't going to leave me until I was 15 years old. Growing up, I thought that she lied to me and left early. The last time I saw her was when she was having intense stomach aches and had to be taken to the hospital. The rest was hearsay. I was told she had to be put on life support, and eventually her daughter decided it was time to let her go. 

As you can probably tell, I did not get the chance to say goodbye. When I came to the United States, I sometimes wished she came with me. I was in a depressed state all throughout high school and I thought to myself, "if she was here right now, I wouldn't feel this way." 

Growing up, my nanny was my protector. She protected me from all the bullies and she took care of me like I was her own daughter. Thinking of her now, I wish that she was still with me so that I can share with her my accomplishments. 

My best friend in the Philippines had recently lost her younger brother. I don't think I had ever met him, but he seemed like a good man. Their relationship was something I envy (yes, present tense), and I hope that my friend is finding ways to cope during this difficult time.

Anyway, I recently watched Ingrid's video about dealing with loss. I thought it would be nice to share it with you.




Please feel free to share your stories in the comments.



5 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting this

    www.erikarecommends.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for posting this. So emotional and deep.

    Amanda || amandabootes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to hear your loss. It must have been hard when you were so close.

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't shed a tear for her when she passed because I didn't know her worth until I grew up a little bit older. Now I wish I had one last chance with her.

      Delete