beauty,

Beauty: Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation

12:00:00 AM Arianne 8 Comments



Let me just start by saying that the Laura Mercier Silk Creme foundation is my holy grail. This is the only one that I have found to stay mostly matte during the day and provides amazing coverage. A little goes a very long way with this foundation and it would last for ages.

Price: $48

I like that this foundation is described on the website with their undertones. I feel very lucky to have a neutral undertone and it's nice to know which foundation would work best for me.

From the Laura Mercier website, this foundation claims to be "a long-wear, oil-free foundation for a photo-ready, natural-looking matte finish." Like I said, this is the closest to a matte foundation that I can find. My face still get oily in the T-zone, but not too much. As lazy as I am, sometimes I don't even bother retouching with a blot powder and it looks fine. In fact, I usually get compliments about my skin when I wear this foundation. 

The website also claims that this is a "12-hour wear and highly pigmented". TRUE. It also claims that it is "full coverage and blends seamlessly onto skin". Again, this is true. If I was feeling lazy, I believe I can get away with not wearing concealer when I wear this foundation. Finally, the website claims that it "visibly evens out the skin tone." As with all the other claims, I completely agree with this. I feel flawless when I wear this foundation.

Last but not least, this foundation is paraben-free! Certainly a winner in my book. Overall, I'm glad that even with the new formula, I found that I still love this foundation as much as I did the original, if not more.

If you are in the market for a full-coverage foundation, I highly recommend that you get a sample of the Laura Mercier Silk Creme Oil Free Foundation.



8 comments:

  1. I have heard of this foundation a few times, however, I have never tried it:)

    ♥Helloitsjoann ---> Click♥

    -JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's amazing! they have oil free and moisturizing depending on your skin type :)

      Delete
  2. Really want to give this foundation a try. I didn't like the old formula but have heard great things about the new hydrating version. Will try to pick up a sample soon. x

    Renata | Speaking Beauty UK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. let me know if it works for you :)

      Delete
  3. It certainly ticks all the boxes and it's great you only need a little bit! I haven't visited a Laura Mercier counter before, not sure if I have one by me :)

    Velvet Blush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you find one or at least get a sample! It really is amazing.

      Delete
  4. I was looking up reviews to this the other day. It sounds really nice. something I'd love. Will deffo have to get a sample xx

    ReplyDelete