aloo gobi,

Food: Kasi: Fresh. Fast. Indian.

12:00:00 AM Arianne 1 Comments



The only Indian food I usually ate wasthe kind that my friend made. Let's call her R. For the first time with my friend J, I went to an Indian restaurant called Kasi. I was apprehensive, but I thought it doesn't hurt to try some new food. I got the lunch special for $7.99. I ordered a Chicken Tikka Masala bowl and it came with a drink and Naan, in which I chose Garlic over Plain. Naan was a type of Indian flatbread for those of you who didn't know. 

I didn't really know what to expect as I'd never tried Chicken TIkka Masala before. I figured it's made with chicken so it must be alright. I was pleasantly surprised that it was actually delicious and light. The dish was certainly drowning in what was referred to as gravy or sauce. I didn't mind it. It came with Basmati rice. Usually, I didn't care much for this rice because I liked starchy Jasmine rice, but partnered with this dish, I actually enjoyed it.

My friend J ordered a bowl as well with Aloo Gobi. He said it was good and he definitely would be coming back. The restaurant itself was fresh and open, though small. J said he liked that they had listed all of the spices they used on their foods and posted it on the wall. 

I told J that I was thankful to not have quite a sophisticated palette so that I was able to enjoy a wide variety of foods. I do not know if my friend R would approve of this place, but it was good enough for me.

If you are in the San Diego county, please do check them out. I think their food really were fresh and fast. As for being Indian, I do not have the credibility to say otherwise at this moment. Just try them! :)

Kasi
2675 Gateway Rd, Ste 101
Carlsbad, CA 92009



1 comment:

  1. YUMMM! This looks SO delicious! Thanks for sharing :)

    xo, mikéla / simplydavelyn.com

    ReplyDelete