beauty,

Beauty: Rimmel Lasting Finish Foundation

12:00:00 AM Arianne 2 Comments



I have tried so many drugstore foundation, but none of them seemed to work. Originally, I did not want to try the Rimmel Lasting Finish Foundation (in 200 Soft Beige) simply because of the packaging. I wanted either something I could squeeze or something with a pump. However, desperate times called for desperate measures. Yep, buying this foundation was a desperate measure.. and boy, was I glad I bought it!

From the Rimmel website, this foundation claimed to "blend flawlessly, seamlessly, instantly, and easily into the skin." I can assure you, this was true for the most part. I had been vlogging over on my YouTube channel and I've worn this foundation. If you watched the videos, you can see that my face stayed pretty much the same, which I was very happy about. Before I discovered this foundation, I was only able to achieve a lasting finish with high end foundations.

I'm happy to say that I've finally found an affordable alternative to my Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation. Of course, it wasn't as good, but it was pretty darn close. It's much lighter than my silk creme, and so easy to blend. 

I'll be honest, there were days when it seemed like this foundation was melting off of my face.  However, I do not remember what caused it to melt. I couldn't tell you whether it lasted for 15 hours, let alone 25 hours.

Living in sunny California, I can promise you that it's been rare that I've needed my oil blotting sheets. Also, compared to before, even when I had to use blotting sheets, it didn't look as oily as it used to. So happy I bought this foundation!

Overall, I would recommend this foundation for any skin type. 


Have you tried this foundation before?
If so, did you like it as much as I did?
If not, would you want to try this foundation?



2 comments:

  1. I have the laura Mercier foundation and can’t believe this could be an alternative… if so, I have to run and try it out since I am running seriously low on foundations :( thanks for the heads up :P

    x Josune, Your Beauty Script ❤
    http://yourbeautyscript.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lighter alternative. not a dupe :) I hope you like it though!

      Delete