5 wise things to remember,

Life: 5 Wise Things to Remember

9:13:00 AM Arianne 2 Comments


Sometimes we get so overwhelmed by a situation that we can't help but spiral down a negative path. I struggle with this every day, so I thought I'd make a list to remind myself to take things into perspective.

1. Hating people only hurts yourself.
This is one I always forget. Hating people is like holding a hot coal. Holding on to it only burns the person holding it. So, what I've told someone recently is that they need to take control of the situation. If you are in your own space (i.e. your bedroom) and you're by yourself, you don't need to bring that negativity inside. The bedroom is usually a place of sanctuary and it should be peaceful and a place for you to be safe. Take control and make it a positive place at all times.

2. Your attitude towards a situation dictates your emotion.
I have a natural instinct to disagree with people and be on the defensive. Immediately, I would say "No." This starts a negative domino effect, so it's up to me to put a stop to it and reframe my mindset by focusing on positive thoughts.

3. Not everyone is going to be your friend.
Whenever I meet a new person, I have a tendency to daydream that we will be BFFs one day. This isn't always the case. Some people are not meant to be each other's friends and that's okay. Cherish the friends that actually stay in your life and focus on them instead.

4. SMILE. It makes everything better.
I struggle with this day in and day out. Sometimes I wish the day would just end. As hard as it is, try to find a reason to smile. Make it your mission to smile at something or someone and I promise, your day will be so much brighter.

5. If it's not going to kill you, don't stress about it.
I heard this one from The Lean Machines on YouTube. Ever since then, I've been trying to live by this motto. I tend to make everything a big deal, and it's unhealthy. Learn to strategize and think logically. A few years from now, the things that you worried about wouldn't mean anything, so don't stress! :)




I hope this helps at least one of you reading this.
If you have anything to add, please let me know in the comments!



2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are such lovely quotes, I'll try to remember them!
    - Emily from http://www.emilyunderworld.co.uk ♡

    ReplyDelete