amazon,

Life: Shadow of the Mark

12:00:00 AM Arianne 4 Comments


Shadow of the Mark was the sequel to Carrier of the Mark and it was bloody brilliant! It started out a little bit slow for me, but by the middle of the book, I couldn't put it down. I was at the edge of my seat as I flipped through the pages to find out what came next. I even stayed up past midnight just so I could finish the book.

I found this book riveting, but I also found that it wasn't that hard to figure out who certain characters really were. There was also the cliche part where a character was told to run the other way, so of course, that character would run exactly where she was told not to go. 


Beside the predictability of certain parts of the book, I really enjoyed it. The power emanated off the page from the characters, and I found it really mesmerizing. I haven't read young adult novels in a while, but I made an exception for this series. Leigh Fallon was a brilliant writer, and I really hope the third book gets published and SOON!


Blurb:

Megan knew she was destined to be with Adam from the first moment she saw him and now they are determined to be together. But Megan and Adam are Marked Ones, and a romance between two Marked Ones is strictly forbidden…and could cause worldwide devastation.

Read my review of Carrier of the Mark (Book 1) here


Buy:

Carrier of the Mark
Shadow of the Mark


Let me know in the comments if you've read this book.
If not, tell me some of your favorite YA authors :)


4 comments:

  1. hi Ayre!! uuu I love this type of story lines! and I don't really mind the predictability in these type of fictions, as long as it keeps me on the edge through the story... I will let you know when I get my hands on it! I might get it on audiobook though :) thanks!

    x Josune, Your Beauty Script ❤

    http://yourbeautyscript.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. let me know how the audio book goes! I want to get into them but I've not found time to start yet.

      Delete
  2. I haven't read this yet but it sounds really interesting! Recently I've liked some novels by Liane Moriarty :)

    Velvet Blush

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't read this book or the first one yet :)
    I'm currently reading All the light we cannot see and so far I really like it!

    ReplyDelete