beauty,

Beauty: NARS Cruella and Rikugien

12:00:00 AM Arianne 12 Comments



Back in June for my birthday, I went to Sephora to pick up my birthday gift. I was so delighted when they gave me mini NARS lip pencils in Cruella and Rikugien! These were my first lip pencils and I was quite glad that NARS was the one to set the standard.

First of all, I loved that they gave one color of each end of the spectrum. I personally didn't wear red, but so far, I've tried out Cruella once. It wasn't as scary as I made it out to be, but it still definitely would take some getting used to. According to the NARS website, this color was a passionate scarlet red with a velvet matte finish. I've never worn a matte lip until I tried this on. The consistency was creamy and felt matte on the lips.

On the other hand, I've tried Rikugien a few times since it was a color that I would usually wear. According to the NARS website, this color was a rose pink with a satin finish. When I tried it on, it was definitely creamy and looked amazing. Although, like Cruella, it felt matte on the lips as well.

I was really thankful to receive such a high end product. If you prefer lip pencils from lipsticks, I'd definitely recommend the NARS lip pencils.



12 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! so exciting I didn't know that was the Birthday gift this year!! These look beautiful!
    http://amanda-speroni.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah it was really awesome they chose them to be gifts! hope they keep it up!

      Delete
  3. I've heard so many great things about Nars lip pencils! I'll have to try one some day!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday girl :) & what a lovely treat from Sephora.. love that shade Cruella

    Chic Peachy Pink / Twitter / Instagram / BlogLovin' / Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful duo. I'm not much of a red lip person but love the look of Rikugien (what a name!). xx

    Renata | Speaking Beauty UK

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's amazing you get gifts, we have nothing like that here! Both shades look lovely :)

    Velvet Blush

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really want to try these as I love lip pencils way more than lipsticks these days. They both look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have wanted these both for aaaages! I'm pretty sure they're in the limited edition NARS lip sets, but I just rented out a post office box this week, so I'm too poor to buy them! XD

    Shae xo
    Diary of a Beauty Padawan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cruella is a gorgeous shade. I want to try out a velvet matte finish of theirs. x

    -Wildfire Charm

    ReplyDelete