acai bowl,

Life: Del Mar Race + Gourmet Food Truck Festival

12:00:00 AM Arianne 6 Comments


SPONSORED POST*

It was just a regular Monday, I was still unemployed at the time, when I received an email from Jose Contreras. He was inviting me and a friend to join him at the Del Mar Racetrack and experience what it was like to have insider access. Immediately, I sent a quick message to a new friend I met just the week before (Nina). Long story short, we ended up going and having a blast! Continue on if you'd like to read about our experience at the race and the food truck festival.


First, there was the Gourmet Food Truck Festival. I came prepared with an empty stomach, but I couldn't say the same about Nina *sad face*. We made our way down to all the food trucks and to be honest, we didn't know what we wanted at first. Then, we saw Juice Wave. We agreed that a drink was a good place to start... Well, at least I did. Nina fancied an acai bowl instead (naughty girl) ;) I got a Summer Lovin' smoothie, which was full of amazing ingredients: acai, strawberry, blueberry, vega protein powder, almond milk = YUM!

While waiting for our order, we walked around to see if there was something that caught our eyes. When I saw Garlic Parm Fries, I thought, why not? I confirmed it with Nina and we agreed to get one to share. It was amazing, though I couldn't really taste the garlic. Also, they provided us with organic ketchup, but I wasn't into it.

Sadly, that was the extent of our food truck experience. My feet were hurting too much by the end of the day that we decided to just head home. But before we did that, we went behind the scenes to see what went on before a race.


The first thing we did was go to the press room. The view was absolutely mesmerizing! The weather, however, was the complete opposite. I was literally melting and we'd only just arrived! Anyway, not to be discouraged, we took photos, vlogged, and asked questions. After the press room, we were given two betting tickets with pre-selected horses. Nina's ticket betted on #3 and #5 while my ticket had #3 and #8. Jose had his pick of horses ready as it turned out.

For our first race, we watched it right on the race track, an insider perk. It was quite the experience! The horses looked amazing and I was quite excited when I saw #8 cross the finish line first! I split my winnings with Nina before we headed home. (Check out my vlog below to see how the first race went.)


Before the second race started, we made our way to the paddock. This was our second insider perk. We were standing on the grass while the horses had their "schooling" to get used to their surroundings. A few minutes later, we saw the horses for the next race arrive. They were all so magnificent! We witnessed their preparation. They were all so behaved, except for horse #7. She was called Free Thinker, and she was quite the character! If you watch my vlog, at one point, you would see her nibbling on the woman wearing #7. She was also the only one trotting off to the race when it was time for them to go. According to Jose, this meant the horse was happy and excited. I might or might not have fangirled over the other horses as well. You'd have to watch my vlog to find out. 

For the second race, we watched it in the bleachers so we could sit down and Jose could go back to the press room. We didn't bet on this race so we just watched the horses run and the audience cheer. Overall, we had such a fun time. Thank you again, Jose for inviting us!


Juice Wave
3733 Mission Blvd
San Diego, CA 92109




*We were provided free admission, free parking, and food truck voucher for this event. All opinions are my own.*

6 comments:

  1. That looks and sounds like an amazing experience :) I've never been to a horse race but would love to go one day :) xx Maja
    ツ http://majasmuffin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was fun! I didn't think I'd enjoy it but it depends on the company you go with, I suppose :)

      Delete
  2. Food trucks have the best food! The fries and that smoothie both sound mazing. You also pull off hats very well :)

    -Nicole
    Meet Me in Midtown

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just realized that smoothie was extremely overpriced! And thank you about the hat :) I'd love to explore floppy hats next :)

      Delete
  3. Mmm, starting to make me hungry those foods/smoothie look so good! Looks like you had a lovely time! x http://coffeeatmidnight13.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved your blog and this post! Thanks for sharing!

    Do check out mine too! :D
    http://thesyedasisters.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete