almost is never enough,

Life: Summer Playlist

12:00:00 AM Arianne 8 Comments


As per usual, One Direction is on top of any of my lists... I mean, is anyone even surprised anymore? *grins*

I'll be honest... When I heard the sample on iTunes, I thought it was okay. I wasn't blown away by it. And then one of the boys tweeted about it being available on Spotify. You see, I've never signed up for Spotify, but when One Direction told you about it, you just did it, no questions asked.

Long story short, I signed up for Spotify and listened to the whole song.

OH MY HARRY-LIAM-LOUS-NIALL!

I played it once, then twice, and the next thing I knew, I kept replaying the song as soon as it ended. What I found was, the more I listened to it, the more I fell in love.

Now, I had another skeptical opinion: I didn't think they would perform the song well...

I was proven wrong...yet again. Harry Edward Styles. That's all there was to say. That was enough.

Worth It, Sledgehammer, and Who Are You by Fifth Harmony
Again, I'll be honest... I wasn't a fan of Fifth Harmony when they were on X-Factor, and even when they signed a record deal. I didn't see the talent...not even a potential. I thought they were pretentious and "try-to-be-cute-all-the-time" group.

Well, I still didn't like one member of the group, but that didn't take away the fact that they had amazing songs. I found myself singing along to them and wanting to hear their songs on the radio.

Hi Camilla :)

Okay, seriously, this is the last time I'd be honest, promise. I was not a fan of Ariana at all, especially when people would use her name to refer to me because somehow our name looked similar. Uhm, NO.

I still was not a fan of her when she performed live. I still thought she needed a coach on how to enunciate her words. But beyond all of that, the girl got catchy songs. Someone told me she was a wannabe Mariah Carey, so that was probably why I kept getting an old school vibe from her music.

As much as a lot of people wanted to hate on her, she clearly was doing something right to be sitting on top of the charts and I was clearly loving her songs.

When I first heard this song, there was something about it that was catchy and feel-good. I didn't think Tori had a powerful voice, but I loved the way she sang this song. Also, I found out that she was a YouTuber as well!

This song had such uplifting lyrics! Rachel had an amazing voice. Every time I heard this song, I felt good and positive. If you haven't heard it, I highly suggest you do!


Let me know in the comments what songs you've been jamming to this summer!


8 comments:

  1. Love your pics! I've never heard Tori Kelly, but everyone is raging about her. Have to give her a listen.
    Drag Me Down is just AMAZING. No surprise I love that one either ;)

    Tess
    www.simplytessx.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Tori Kelly deserves more recognition :) I love how fresh she is haha

      Delete
  2. Great post! I actually haven't heard any of these.. (Ugh Rebekah you are such a grandma... get with the times..) But now I'll have to look them up! =-D

    Thanks for sharing!!

    US Lifestyle Blog // www.rebekahkoontzsite.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Drug me down too :) also I'm in love wih the last song of Maroon 5 !

    www.aishettina.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  4. I fell in love with Fifth Harmony this summer too! Their songs are sooo catchy (I couldn't stop listening to Worth It haha). And I love Fight Song, it feeds my soul every time I hear it. You should listen to Masterpiece by Jesse J ;)

    ippykrispy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've just started making playlists too! Posted a couple so far. Love Spotify! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've just started making playlists too! Posted a couple so far. Love Spotify! :)

    ReplyDelete