beauty,

Beauty: Pacifica

12:00:00 AM Arianne 7 Comments



I'm so excited to talk about a new favorite brand: Pacifica! They are gluten-free, cruelty-free, and 100% vegan. Since I've been all about the natural products lately, I wanted to give this brand a try. Right off the bat, I would say that they were a hit and miss for me. Keep on reading to see a mini haul and review of each of the products pictured above.

UPDATE: I forgot to mention that both the mask stings when I first apply it onto my skin, but the stinging feeling fades after a minute or so. :)

Pacifica Vital Immersion Deep Hydration Mask - this was the first product I purchased from this brand. It claimed to "bring back the supple, dewy appearance of youth." In my opinion, this mask did the job. My face felt great whenever I used this mask, whether that was for a couple hours, or as an overnight treatment. It applied clear, which was also a plus, because it didn't stain my pillow case.

Pacifica Future Youth Enzymatic Resurfacing Mask - this was a new purchase and I've only used it once. It claimed to "remove and decongest surface debris and dead skin for a refreshed, revitalized, youthful glowing appearance." I would say that I absolutely loved it! My face felt so soft after using it. I bought it because my aesthetician told me that I could buy an exfoliating mask instead of using abrasive scrubs. When I heard that, I went straight to Ulta and found this mask. I would highly recommend it!

Pacifica Essential Makeup Removing Wipes - as I've mentioned before, I've struggled finding makeup wipes for my face because it seemed to have become very sensitive. Whenever I used a makeup wipe, my face would burn. I had high hopes for Pacifica because they were all-natural. However, this was a complete miss for me because my face did burn. It didn't last long, but I just wouldn't use anything that irritated my skin even just for a few minutes. This product came free when I purchased youth mask and CC cream.

Pacifica Ultra CC Cream Radiant Foundation - I swatched this at Ulta and it matched my skin perfectly. The associate that matched it to my skin said it blended completely and couldn't even tell that I was wearing it. It claimed to "bring back radiance and a youthful glow instantly." The first time I used it was when I filmed my August Favorites video. Bear in mind that I put extra effort into doing my makeup which meant I applied some highlighter, and also, my studio lights were shining on me. It looked great in the photo below, didn't it?


However, the next day, I saw a rash by my right eyebrow, and a few breakouts on my forehead. First strike! The second strike came when I actually first used it, and every time I used it after that (three times total): my concealer seemed to disappear when I applied this product on top. The third strike was when I used it and hung out with my friend where we were exposed to sunlight and a hot day. If you watched my vlog here, you could see me talking about it when we went for some gelato. Below was a still of the vlog showing my face. Bear in mind that this product also had SPF 17. 


My face didn't look like I had much makeup on and it looked liked I got burned. I wore a facial sunscreen that day and the CC cream had sunscreen already infused with it.

Needless to say, I was very disappointed with the cosmetics line, but I was very impressed with the skincare line. I would definitely recommend the masks. 


Have you tried Pacifica products?



*All links in this post are directed to Ulta. None of them are affiliated.

7 comments:

  1. The masks sound amazing, I would love to check them out but I don't think they're in any drugstores here. Aww it's a shame the cosmetics weren't all that great but atleast you found some good skincare picks :)

    Velvet Blush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You probably would have to buy Pacifica online and have it shipped internationally... It seems it might be exclusive to America right now..

      Delete
  2. I love Pacifica! If you haven't tried it yet, the eyeliner is amazing. I basically use it in the color Fringe everyday.

    ♡Em | www.ouiemmy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen the eyeliner at Ulta! But I'm quite loyal to Rimmel eyeliners, so I don't usually go looking for new liners..

      Delete
    2. Unfortunately, Ulta doesn't have their makeup options anymore, but if there is a Fred Meyers/Kroger/Ralphs around you, they should have them in the organic/natural sections for around $9.

      Delete
    3. ah I see. There's Ralph's all around me but I don't like shopping there coz of the overpricing... anyway, I'm not big on their cosmetics anyway... I do want to try the rest of the skincare products like face wash, etc

      Delete