breakup,

Life: Broken Hearts and Infinity

12:00:00 AM Arianne 10 Comments


When I first heard of Infinity, I was somehow thinking of Zayn leaving. Well, I didn't want to talk about him in this post, so I thought, let's talk about broken hearts.

I've only had my heart broken once. It was my first and only relationship and I was pretty devastated, if I was being honest. I lost myself in the relationship, so when it ended, I didn't know where my life was going.


I cried a lot of tears and I cried myself to sleep most nights. I cried in my car, I cried while I was at work, I cried in the shower, and I cried in bed. There were a lot of silent tears, and I didn't think I would survive it.


I dreamed of my ex countless times -- actually, I still do -- and at the time it was difficult. After a year, I've moved on. It was difficult, but I did it, and it felt great. I found out he got married, and his wife gave birth to their first son a couple months ago. I was happy for them. I was glad that he found the happiness he sought, and that he was living the life he'd always wanted.


Sometimes, there were times I still missed the times we spent together. I missed my ex as my friend, not as my partner. I missed having him as a confidante, but after I've moved on, I never wished we were back together. We were totally incompatible, but I wished him the best, just as he wished the same for me.

So, the lesson of this little post? It may feel like infinity when you're going through a breakup. It may feel like your heart may never heal and you'd never find someone new to love. But that's not true, at all. Our first relationships are usually the one we learn from, no matter how much we wish that our lives would be just like a fairy tale and marry our childhood love.

If you're reading this and your heart is hurting, know that I'm here for you, and that you will get through this tough time. It literally takes time; I know because it took me a year to completely move on... but I did, and so will you.


Good luck.


10 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear that but I'm glad you moved on and that you can live your life happy again. I wish you all the good luck in love. One day your prince Charming will come and it'll be worth waiting.

    LEJA

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really needed to read this, I'm going through a break up right now
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heartbreak is so hard :( I'm much better at dealing with it now, it's so easy to get lost in a relationship like that, I've been there, it's not healthy! Glad to hear you have mended and are happy for each other :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he doesn't really know anything about me -- at least I don't think so -- I mean why would he? he's not a stalker lol.. on the other hand, I like to keep tabs on him.. ooh.. well, social media is an easy way to do that, really.. so actually, I'm not a stalker.. lol right? ;)

      Delete
  4. Lovely post!! sometimes relationships don't work but you always learn from each one :) xxx
    JustBreathe
    xXx
    https://justbreathesite.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love is a both a blessing and a curse. Loved this post x

    Tess
    www.thelyricstolife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad you liked it! that means a lot coming from you ;)

      Delete
  6. Very well written! I agree that your first relationship is the one you learn from. My first heartbreak was the worst, even though I didn't date the guy long and we were totally incompatible. I think, after we broke up, I just missed the feeling of being in a relationship. Heartbreak is miserable while you're experiencing it, but it can help you grow as a person. I'm glad you found happiness after your heartbreak!

    -Nicole
    Meet Me in Midtown

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thank you so much! mine lasted almost two years, even though it really ended after the first year if I was being honest.. I was just too attached and didn't know what to do when the person I held on to walked away. ah well.. sticks and stones :)

      Delete