anxiety,

Life: Let's Take A Shower

12:00:00 AM Arianne 4 Comments


I promise I didn't mean to this to be a themed week, but I guess it is. I am going through a bit of a blogger's block so I thought I'd write down what's on my mind instead. I was reading Hannah Delacour's blog post yesterday when I was suddenly struck by an idea as I was leaving a comment.

Taking a shower is part of our daily routine, but the more I think about it, the more I see a deeper meaning to the process of showering.

The most basic reason for why we shower is to get clean. We shower to get rid of the day's sweat and grime. 

But let's take a moment to think about this in a deeper way.

In my opinion, taking a shower not only cleans the physical body, but it also cleans/organizes our mind. As Hannah mentioned in her post, she takes a shower after having a panic attack. It totally makes sense! The warm water relaxes your muscles, but also clears your mind. When you're in the shower, you don't have to worry about anything but the spray of warm (maybe soft) water on your skin and the wonderful scent of the products you're using.

I use lavender-scented products in the shower, so clearly, I've already taken advantage of my shower time and turned it into relaxing time as well.

Another meaningful benefit of taking a shower is that it lets you reflect on your day or plan out your day depending on when you shower. Being in the shower, you're pretty limited, so multi-tasking is almost eliminated. But if you're like me, you would use this time to multi-task using your mind and think about what you want to do that day or what positive things already happened that day. I mean, it's almost as if you could even meditate while you shower!

So here's my parting thought: Showering is not only for cleaning physically, but also for our minds to explore and reflect our days.


Cheers!


4 comments:

  1. Completely agree, I think it's quite relaxing too after a long day :)

    Velvet Blush

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely agree, lavender is good to help you sleep too so it's great to use in the shower to cleanse your body and mind before bed :)

    Kimberley xx // thecolourchronicles.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always have a bath instead of a shower! xx
    Glossy Boutique

    ReplyDelete
  4. love lavender as well. I do agree. More to it than just a shower haha

    ReplyDelete