hunger games,

Life: Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2

12:00:00 AM Arianne 4 Comments

Photo credit: Google Images
Mockingjay Part 2 was the epic ending to the movie adaptation of Suzanne Collins' Hunger Games trilogy. I saw somewhere online that this movie didn't do as well in the box office as the other movies in the saga, but I honestly thought they were all the same tear-jerker quality. I was at the edge of my seat and on the verge of tears for the entire movie, as I always did with every movie from this franchise.

I believe that this was by far the most emotional movie. There were "casualties" that upset me and there was just a general theme of chaos for this final installment. 

One of my favorite parts, of course, was when Peeta would interact with Katniss. His struggle to find his way back to her was so precious. Real or not real? I was sad for the corruption of Peeta, but I was happy that it strengthened his bond with Katniss.

The climax of the movie was so satisfying. Katniss will always be Katniss, no matter what she appeared to be. I really admired that about her character. She was truly an inspiration to stick to my guns and stand up for what I believed in.

Katniss went through so much, but she survived. I think we could all learn from her. Keep on fighting for what you believe in, don't hurt the people around you unnecessarily, and trust your instincts.


Have you seen this movie? What did you think?!!



4 comments:

  1. I liked the series over all, but thought that this one proved that the last book shouldn't of been split, as they had to stretch it all out a little bit to much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I feel like there was a bit of disconnect towards the end, but I enjoyed it still :)

      Delete
  2. I can reply now that I've watched it! I really liked the real or not real parts too, and yes the casualties were horrible because you don't want it to be over for the characters, you want them to have their happy ending :)

    Velvet Blush | Beauty Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't remember what happened to the book so I was surprised when one of the characters died. I was devastated!

      Delete