all-natural,

Life: Massage Green Spa

12:00:00 AM Arianne 4 Comments


If you're like me and you work in an office, then you probably have bad posture and some tense muscles. In my case, I come home from my full-time job and then do some freelance work. The hustle never stops! Anyway, last month, I had a terrible headache that lasted for a whole week. I also had really tense shoulders, upper back, and neck muscles. As a desperate attempt for relief, I booked a massage therapy at Massage Green Spa. The introductory price of $29.95 also convinced me to go for it.

When I entered the establishment, the first thing I noticed was how amazing it looked. It felt cozy, welcoming, and most important, relaxing, thanks to the lovely music in the background. By the time I got to the front desk to check in, I was already feeling better. The staff was so kind and had a very gentle demeanor. They even offered me water! I also appreciated that they had such a cute water dispenser!


I filled out a form so that the session could be tailored to what my body needed at the time. Shortly after, my therapist named Kim called out my name and we went back to the massage room. We talked a little bit at first so that she could learn more about what I need from the session, and then I got ready.


The music was lovely and the dim lighting really set the mood. I did a quick sweep of the room, storing it to memory. Then, the massage started. Wow. Kim was very knowledgeable about her craft; it was impressive. I really appreciated that she was clearly properly trained and that she was able to talk to me about my body. After the session, she gave me a card with some recommendations. She also showed me an exercise to stretch my back at home. Overall, I was very impressed and couldn't wait to come back.


I had such a great experience that I convinced my mom to go for a massage. I scheduled everything for her and we went yesterday (Saturday). She got her massage and I got the photos for this post. It was a win-win. She was also impressed with Kim and we would definitely come back.


To wrap up this story, I want to talk about the last few things that I loved about Massage Green Spa. As you can probably tell from their name, they are environmentally friendly. Their products are all natural, which was a big plus for me. Also, their paintings were from consignment shops and the staff really know what they're doing. I would highly recommend them if you're in need of a very satisfying massage.


UPDATE: My recent visit with my mother hadn't come without a hitch. While I was reconciling my checkbook, I noticed they charged two of my cards even though my mother paid half of the cost in cash. I've tried to resolve the issue, first with the manager, and second with an associate. The customer service was absolutely horrible. There was something wrong with their phone and the associate slammed the phone as I informed her that there was an issue with the phone connection. I will definitely not come back here again and would advise locals to not visit this place.

Update #2: The associate I spoke with was a newly appointed manager. Another manager, possibly the owner, finally refunded me and informed me of it on Facebook, but I will stand by my decision of not coming back to this place. I do not tolerate rude service.

Update #3: They replied to my Yelp review and have fabricated the story saying two of their employees/managers have called me to apologize. No one called me. The only apology they gave me was on Facebook, but only after I've expressed my feelings about how they treated me. I've never been so unhappy with an establishment until now.


Do you like getting a massage?



4 comments:

  1. This spa looks so relaxing. I love the decor and design of the place, and that they are environmentally friendly. There is a salon near me that is an Aveda concept salon, so all of their products are environmentally friendly and organic.

    I love their products. I've never went for a trip to the spa, but after reading this post you make me want to book an appointment ASAP.

    And the fact that they had chocolate, oh my. I'm a bonafide choco-holic. And that's a pretty awesome perk.
    Love the post Arianne, you're always so nifty and creative.

    Kayla Graham
    A Great Perhaps

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should go get pampered, even if it's just a massage. It's nice to treat yourself once in a while :) Thanks for stopping by Kayla!

      Delete
  2. Lovely post! I also work in an office and I have terrible back ache (probably because I don't sit properly) and I've been thinking about going for a massage for some time ... just need to find one in my local area - pity I wasn't nearer yours as Kim sounds amazing at her job!! :)

    John
    Shout John

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for your wonderful post. My mother is the owner of this salon and it has been so nice to hear such amazing critique after she has put her heart and soul into this company and making the community a happier and healthier place. We appreciate you and your time. And your photography is wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete