california roll,

Food: Sushi Huku

12:00:00 AM Arianne 4 Comments


I love sushi! I love most seafoods, actually. I think people who don't eat sushi are missing out on something delicious. But anyways, I digress. I want to talk about the best sushi restaurant in our county. 

Sushi Huku recently moved to a bigger location. I love that they now have more room and more tables! Also, I noticed that ALL the servers were good looking. I'd never been to a restaurant where that was the case. It certainly added to the appeal of the place.

Now let's talk about their sushi. Deeelicious! My favorites are Shrimp Killer Roll (pictured in the middle above) and Spider Roll (top photo above). You can't go wrong with the typical California Roll either. If you like your sushi to be a bit spicy, I recommend the Red Dragon Roll. It basically has spicy tuna on top. 

I also like their miso soup. During one of my visits, I met a friend there and she ordered the teriyaki plate. I usually only order a soup and sushi, but her plate looked delicious as well that I had to take a photo (bottom picture above). 

My only concern about the establishment was the way the serve the drinks. Usually, when I go to restaurants, I would ask for a straw for my water. The wait staff would either give me a wrapped straw or with half the wrapper still on. Sushi Huku delivered my drinks with a completely unwrapped straw every time. This was a concern for me because I didn't know where the server's hands had been, or if they were even clean. For my peace of mind, I would hope that they'd start supplying wrapped straws, or if they want to go all fancy, straws wrapped in a towel. 

Anyway, back to sushi. If you're ever in San Diego county, check out this place. The food is delicious and the staff are friendly. I definitely recommend!

Sushi Huku
727 W San Marcos Blvd, #108
San Marcos, CA 92078
(760) 591-0353


If you eat sushi, what's your favorite roll? Describe it in the comments! :)



4 comments:

  1. I too LOVE seafood, but above all SUSHI!! The food you have pictured looks so amazing. We have a great sushi place around here and it looks like we both order similar things.

    Much Love,
    -Stephanie Eva
    www.stephanieheva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't use to eat sushi, but I'm glad my ex encouraged me to try them! Sometimes I just crave it so I go and get some as a treat to myself. No need for a companion ;)

      Delete
  2. These food shots make me hungry. I love sushi and Japanese food, in general. Sounds like a good place to try!

    xo,
    Abby of Life in the Fash Lane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad to hear that my photos give you those feelings haha :)

      Delete