chocolate chip cookie dough,

FOOD | QuestBar Protein Bars

12:00:00 AM Arianne 4 Comments


I first tried QuestBar from Trader Joe's. I bought the Cookies and Cream flavor and thought I'd give it a try. I noticed that it had a lot of fiber, but I made a mistake of eating it at work. You see, I have a very sensitive stomach, and one of fiber's job is to help with digestion. It certainly worked well and I could feel invisible fibers literally sweeping around my stomach and cleaning it out.

The next time I was at Trader Joe's, I thought I would try Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. The consistency was very accurate to that of a cookie dough. It didn't feel as fibrous as cookies and cream, although that could have been because I wasn't eating as many junk (or bread) as I used to.


Somehow I decided to eat these protein bars as a form of dessert after dinner. I would eat about half of a bar for that little sweet treat. Since there's no added sugar, I thought it was a healthier alternative to ice cream. Also, since it's a protein bar, I thought it would help me stay fuller throughout the night.

I purchased a dozen bars from Vitacost.com and thankfully, they had a deal with QuestBar for free shipping. I do love free shipping when I order online! Vitacost also have all the products they sell on their website at a discount, though not all have free shipping. You know how much I love discounts!

Lastly, I see these bars stocked at my gym at the front desk so I knew they were definitely a favorite of many. If you haven't tried these yet, I would highly recommend them!


Do you eat protein bars? If so, what's your favorite brand?

4 comments:

  1. I haven't tried protein bars before but I really like breakfast bars :)

    Velvet Blush

    ReplyDelete
  2. what are breakfast bars? I don't think I've tried them before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like Belvita Biscuits or kellogs cereal bars, there's so many brands that do them :)

      Delete
  3. I always see iJustine go crazy for these - I wanted to get some but they aren't really available in the UK - they are on Amazon but the delivery charge is extortionate! They look really yummy though! The choc chip mint looks great!

    John ¦ Shout John

    ReplyDelete