amazon,

LIFE | Five Signs I'm A Bookworm

12:00:00 AM Arianne 12 Comments


Hi everyone! Sorry I missed a scheduled post a few days ago. I was moving! I don't know yet if I'll write a post about that, though. Anyways, as I was sitting at my little office corner in my room, I came up with the idea of listing five signs that proved I'm a bookworm. I seem to be enjoying making lists lately, so I thought, "why not?"

1. I can finish a book in one day.
There are times when I really like a book that I would abandon every responsibility I have and just vegetate in bed reading a book. I don't care if I can't see straight after or if I missed a meal. As long as I have water and some snacks, I'm good to go. I will not stop until I've reached "the end."

2. Going back to work is a bit painful.
During the week, I would read during my lunch break. The most painful part of that day would be the time when my break is over and I have to get back to work. I mean, if it was a weekend, I would clearly do #1. Unfortunately, my office work is one thing I cannot abandon because it pays my bills. No income = no books. Yes, I usually receive books for free in exchange for an honest review, but can you imagine?

3. Book drunkenness/hangover.
When I read a book, I get really attached to the characters. I cry when they cry; I laugh when they laugh. I feel every emotion they're feeling, and what a wonderful journey it is! The most memorable book hangover I've ever had was after I finished reading Dear John by Nicholas Sparks. I mourned the ending of the book for a couple hours. Literally in a fetal position in bed, mourning.

4. Library = happy place.
During my therapy sessions, sometimes my therapist would ask me to picture my happy place and it would always be the library or a bookstore. I love libraries so much that one of my dreams is to have an in-house library of my own one day. With over 200+ print books in my possession, I'm well on my way to achieving it. Now I just need my own house.

Fun Fact: Most of my print books are actually unread because I probably have as many ebooks in my kindle app and I seem to prefer to read them because they're more portable. Also, when I receive ARCs for review, they are in ebook form.

5. I love the smell of books.
The older the book, the better it smells. Breathe in. Breathe out. 


I hope you enjoyed this post! If you didn't know, I run an (adult) book blog. It contains a little reader warning because I talk about sexy/steamy books half the time. If you are over 18, click this link to check it out.


Do you consider yourself a bookworm?

12 comments:

  1. I am definitely a bookworm, as long as I got a good book, I'm happy. Having my own library has been my dream since I was little, I really hope it will happen one day. And yes, there is nothing better than the smell of books! x

    113-things-to-say.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't really consider myself a bookwork until I read your five signs! But now that I think about it, i'm a book worm and newspaper eater (is that a phrase? It is now).
    Natalie @ natillie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww, well glad I could help you realize your bookworm potential :)

      Delete
  3. I'm really not one for the library but I'm a happy girl when I'm with my Kindle. I can read a book in the day, and get extremely attached. I especially hate waiting for the next book in a series

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't read new books because of that pain of waiting for the next book ;)

      Delete
  4. Love the list!!! If I could I would have all my walls lined with bookshelves filled with books, unfortunately my house is itsy bitsy so I have no room. My kindle has to be my shelves for now!

    http://upanelmstree.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love one room to be a complete library with wall-to-wall shelves and then more shelves in the middle of the room :) maybe even a cozy corner to curl up and get lost in a book

      Delete
  5. I know what you mean! I get all all of these and truly hate it when a good story ends. It's like part of my life just ended haha

    xo, mikéla / simplydavelyn.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's totally worth living that life for a while though ;)

      Delete
  6. Literally same to the list above. I've gone through three to six books in one day. I'd rather be reading is something I always say.

    S .x http://ramblingsofayoungprgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 3-6 books?! oh my gosh, how is that possible?! how are you able to digest any of it? :-0

      Delete