Life,

LIFE | Reflecting on 2015 Goals + 2016 Resolutions

12:00:00 AM Arianne 19 Comments

2015 Best Nine
I was reading Tanya Burr's blog post about her New Year's Resolutions and I was inspired to write my own. I only had a couple as I was writing this blog post, but I surely would have thought of more by the time you finish reading this post. I also watched The Lean Machines' video about making New Year's Resolutions and I thought they made a good point. So, the resolutions below would be realistic and doable. But before we get into all of that, I want to recap how I did on my 2015 goals. Remember that?


Bake More - I failed miserably on this front. In fact, towards the end of 2015, I just stopped cooking altogether.

Save More - I did well on this front. I didn't save a whole lot, but I saved more than I did in 2014 I'm sure!

Photograph More - we all know I did so well on this and I'm so proud of myself! I took two photography classes, took a lot of photos, and even started my online portfolio. It's that Photography button at the top of your screen :) You can also see from the main photo of this post that my Instagram had improved quite a bit, thanks to my newfound love for photography.

Judge Less - I think I did okay on this one, with the help of my therapist. It was hard at times, but eventually, I did it.

Idle Less - I was certainly not idle this year. I'd never been so busy in my life, and I enjoyed being busy! I enjoyed it so much that I'd become a freelancer and a workaholic... Imagine that!

Overall, I think I did pretty well on my 2015 goals and only failed one miserably. So, without further ado, let's talk about my 2016 Resolutions.

Gym. I think it is absolutely possible for me to go to the gym 3x a week because I've done it for at least two consecutive weeks before. So, for 2016, I want to go and actually get my money's worth at the very least! And at the most, I want to feel better about my body and hopefully build some self-confidence along the way. It also would help that I bought three new workout shirts, one for each day that I plan to go to the gym. #Winning

Save $$$. Last year, I said I wanted to save money. This year, I want to actually set a specific amount. I want to save $5,000 this year. It seems like a lot, but I think it's doable. I just need to stop going to Ulta ;)

Cook. This is the hardest one besides going to the gym. First of all, cooking my own meals would save me a lot of money. Second of all, it would (hopefully) almost guarantee that my meals would have less calories and fat than if I bought take out. Also with this resolution, I want to learn to have patience learning new recipes and actually following directions so that my food would taste the way it was meant to taste.

Composition. I really struggle with composing a good photograph, so I want to learn how to properly compose a photograph and consistently showcase it here on my blog. My goal is to be able to comfortably compose a photo by the end of 2016.

Travel. Now, I know traveling could sometimes cost a fortune, but I've not even explored the county I live in. So my goal is to explore with my mom and go to places we've never been before, and obviously, photograph them to share with all of you.

Stay. One of my (unfortunate) habits was to move houses every year, sometimes twice a year. This year, I want to do everything that I can to stay in the next location for as long as possible until I am ready to purchase my own condo.

Log off. I am one of those people that are unfortunately attached to my electronics. As soon as I turn off my laptop, I turn on my phone so I can continue scrolling through social media or watching videos. In 2016, I want to be able to log off more and do something without electronics, like coloring a book, or reading a physical book, or even just meditating for 30 minutes. I think it would really be a heathy lifestyle change. 

That's quite a bit of resolution, but I think they're all doable. I'm very optimistic that I would be able to achieve them by the end of 2016.


Let me know in the comments at least one of your resolutions!

19 comments:

  1. Good luck with all your goals! I definitely have judge less on my goals as well! It's something I've been really trying to stop doing for awhile now!

    Shannon Sage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you and good luck to yours! Try to find the good in people instead of focusing on their flaws!

      Delete
  2. Judging less and logging off is definitely something I want to do as well. Great resolutions, hope you succeed with them :)

    Yousra | Mystic Tales

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I certainly would like to not be so attached to my electronics. Good luck to both of us!

      Delete
  3. Just came across your site! :) Good luck with your resolutions! I am in the middle of typing my own version of 2016 resolutions.

    Leigha
    https://chasingsmilesalong.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. We share so many resolutions!

    But I will probably end up doing yoga instead of going to the gym because I won't last a week there.

    Good luck with all your goals, and I hope to read about how you accomplished them in 2016 in further posts.

    Either way, I really enjoyed browsing through your blog. I've recently started my own blog and I would love to know what you think about it. That is only if you have the time.

    If you do decide to give it a quick read, you can find it at ---> https://anasdomain.wordpress.com/ .

    Lots of love,
    Ana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh my gosh, I want to do yoga too! I love hot yoga, but ever since I got tendinitis on my arms, I'm not able to put my weight on it for more than a few seconds.

      Delete
  5. These are such beautiful reflections, Arianne. I'm not good at resolutions but I try and I'll continue to try to be improve. I think that's good enough for me. I think logging off is important, focus on real life. We have an amazing one <3

    xx Bash | Hey Bash | bloglovin'

    INTERNATIONAL GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did well logging off yesterday. Now I just have to do it 300+ more times :)

      Delete
  6. Good luck with your goals! esp the log off one, I know I'd find that way too hard!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's definitely not easy, but I know it'll be good for mental health :)

      Delete
  7. I wish you all the best in achieving your goals for 2016! Good luck :)
    xo Kiki
    http://colormekiki.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such great resolutions girlie and I can relate to them so much! I hope you're having a good start to 2016, I have a feeling it will be great! Can't wait to chat more about YouTube with you! Good luck!!

    xoxo, Nancy

    www.ohdaisylove.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on doing so well with some of your 2015 goals, especially the photgraphy! I'm sure you'll do even better in 2016, happy new year :)

    Velvet Blush

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an adorable blog!!!
    http://x-crossmyheart-x.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete