beauty,

BEAUTY | First Impression: Korres Lip Butter

12:00:00 AM Arianne 13 Comments


I've heard American YouTubers talk about this product, so when I saw that it contained natural ingredients, I jumped at the chance to purchase it. I had to drive half an hour to go to a standalone Sephora to get this, but it was totally worth it.

I didn't get his name, but the Sephora associate that helped me was so lovely (and cute!). We talked about lips -- lip mask, lip oil, lip butter, lip balms. He was so helpful and didn't have that judgmental look on his face when I told him that I would not want to purchase anything with glycols, mineral oil, parabens, etc. 

Anyway, I was expecting to pay $20 for this lip butter, but I was pleasantly surprised to find out it was only $12. Okay, yes, that is still a bit much for a lip butter considering you could buy lip balms for as low as a dollar at the drugstore, but my lips need some rescuing, people! It's winter after all. I also figured that when the time comes that a man finds his way to me, my lips better be ready for some action!

So, on to my first impression. It felt great on my finger when I tried it on at the store. The consistency is quite thin so I have to really get a good amount of product to put on my lips. But on the second day when the "new product" layer is gone, it's easier to apply the product from my finger to my lips. I was expecting a thicker, buttery consistency, but I do like how hydrating it is. 

The lasting power is pretty good as well. I leave the pot at home as I have other lip balms in my bag, but when I do use it, say on a weekend, the hydration lasts pretty long.

I got mine in the flavor Jasmine because I wanted it sheer. It has a very light scent that's barely noticeable. I quite love the packaging as well; this is my first balm/butter that came in something other than a tube. I'm really excited to keep using this. If I love it, then you'd definitely be seeing it in my February favorites. 


Have you tried Korres Lip Butter?


Ingredients: Polybutene , Trimethylolpropane Triisostearate, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Polyethylene, Hydroxystearic Acid, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Sucrose Tetrastearate Triacetate, Jasminum Grandiflorum (Jasmine) Flower Wax, Tocopherol, Flavor (Aroma), Ascorbyl Palmitate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Wax, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter Extract May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Mica, Iron Oxides, Red 7 Lake.

13 comments:

  1. I love the Korres lip balms, they are super buttery and leave such a natural balmy finish! This is my favourite shade, I must pick up a new one!

    Jasmine | jasminehardingmakeup.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I tried it! Now I'm inspired to try all kinds of lip butter/balms... but it's hard when I have "natural/organic" requirement

      Delete
  2. I just came across your blog and I really like it! Haven't heard from this lip butter before but it looks pretty amazing! Hope you are having a great week, Arianne! xx

    Ale | www.alemint.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't tried this lip butter but I have a few products from Korres and I love them because they're really affordable and are made with excellent ingredients. I love their body butters - they're super moisturizing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they're more affordable than other higher end brands for sure.. I love that they're more natural. I'd love to try more of their products!

      Delete
  4. I love the scent of this balm but have not tried it yet. It's on my wishlist, though! :)

    Renata | Speaking Beauty UK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it overall, although, I think there are better ones out there. I just hope they're all-natural!

      Delete
  5. I used to use this all the time, goes on so smooth. Loved it!

    -Mel
    goldrusssh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Natural products are a must for me. I'll have to give this lip butter a go. I've never spent more than a buck on lip moisturizers, but this seems like it has promise. Thanks for sharing! XOXO

    Breanna Catharina
    smile--sugar.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg, finally a kindred spirit! I'm a bit obsessed with natural products haha

      Delete
  7. Sounds great! $12 isn't too bad for a lip product, but there is definitely cheaper! I normally use Burt's Bees... but I'll make sure to test this out next time I'm in Sephora (And wait to see if it's in your faves!)

    Lindsey Elyse | lindseyginge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it would definitely make it in my faves. I plan to do a video review as well :)

      Delete