all-natural,

BEAUTY | Reviva Labs Makeup Primer

12:00:00 AM Arianne 4 Comments


I'm so happy I finally found a natural makeup primer! I went several months without primer because I couldn't be bothered to buy the Smashbox Light primer anymore. I didn't really notice the difference until I started using the Reviva Labs Makeup Primer under my makeup. Wow.

Below were the things that this product claimed to do:
  • Fills in lines - YES! I don't have that many lines on my face (yet), but what lines I did have, they went away and I looked like a new person :)
  • Conceals pores - YES! I have really large pores and they were greatly reduced when I used this primer.
  • Controls excess oil - I couldn't say one way or the other on this one because as time passed, my face actually went from combo oily to combo dry. So, there weren't really excess oil to control for me.
  • Smoothes skin - YES! Maybe it was the dimethicone, but as soon as I applied the primer, my face was as smooth as possible, which meant that the foundation glided on my face and application was easy peasy!
  • Foundation lasts longer - YES! Without primer, my foundation just slid off my face as the day went on. With this primer, my foundation lasted until I took it off at the end of the day.
  • Safe under eyeshadow - I'm very faithful to my Tarte Clean Slate Eyeshadow Primer so I didn't bother trying this primer on my eyes.

I already mentioned that I love this product because it was all-natural, but in addition to that, it also had COQ10 to add "protective antioxidant action." Did I mention this primer was also fragrance-free and non-comedogenic? SOLD! 

Lastly, a little went a long way with this primer. About half a pump was enough to cover my whole face for a flawless look. I definitely would recommend it! It's certainly not harmful like other products out there with glycols and who knew what else?

P.S. Ulta sells this primer for $16.57, but I got it from Vitacost for $11.99.




Do you use a makeup/face primer? Which is your favorite?

Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Squalane, Tocopherol Acetate, Ubiquinone (Co-enzyme Q-10), Cholcalciferol (Vitamin D3), Retinol Palmitate (Vitamin A)

4 comments:

  1. This primer sounds amazing! I normal use the Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer but I'm searching for a cheaper alternative so I might try this. x

    113-things-to-say.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. let me know if you try it and how you like it! I honestly think it's so much better :)

      Delete
  2. Great review! This primer sounds fantastic. Love your blog!

    xx Isabel
    http://bellasfashionjournal.com

    ReplyDelete