california,

FOOD | La Cocina Bar & Grill

12:00:00 AM Arianne 4 Comments


I went to see my mom and as usual, we went out to eat. She found a new restaurant called La Cocina Bar and Grill. Wow, it was a fancy Mexican restaurant and I was impressed! First of all, look at that front door! I don't know about you, but to me, it looks like a door to somewhere magical.


When we entered, my first impression was that it was so rustic and I loved it! Everything was wooden and it felt like a special place. I haven't been to a Mexican restaurant in a while, so I forgot that they usually served chips and salsa to begin. I dug right in, not realizing the salsa was really spicy! Dear Lord, I hoped they would have warned me. I recovered, thankfully. The chips themselves were delicious and tasted of quality. But truthfully? My mom and I spent most of the time taking photos of ourselves while we waited for our main dish. 


I decided to order Carne Asada Fries, because why the heck not? I had been craving it two weeks ago, so I thought it was the perfect time to order it. I made sure to ask them not to put any sour cream (lactose intolerant), but I forgot to tell them I didn't want cilantro in it. Ah well, it was beautiful though, and it tasted even more wonderful! I was really impressed at the quality. 


As for my mom, she ordered something called Chile Relleno with beans and rice. I only tried the rice because I love Spanish rice. My stomach cannot tolerate beans or anything spicy, and with the name like that, I assumed it was spicy. If I was wrong, sorry! She enjoyed it, though, and that was what mattered.


Before we left, my mom went to the bathroom. When she came back, she asked me if I would like to check it out and maybe take a picture as well -- she knew I had a habit of taking pictures of everything, but I don't think she realizes that I blog, lol. So, because I want you all to get the full experience, off I went to the bathroom, even though I didn't need to. Well, it was as rustic as the rest of the place -- very nice.


Overall, I was very impressed with this restaurant from the decor down to the presentation of the food. I would definitely love to come back. Although half the time the servers didn't hear our requests, I still thought everything was great. If you love Mexican food, I'd definitely suggest this restaurant.

La Cocina Bar and Grill
32459 Temecula Parkway, d103
Temecula, CA 92592


What's your favorite Mexican dish?

4 comments:

  1. The restaurant looks amazing, I discovered my love for Mexican food when I visited California (we don't have many Mexican restaurants in my country). I love it that they serve chips & salsa as a starter, that saves me a lot of money as I don't have to order it haha. The fries look fabulous, I have never seen that dish before to be honest. x

    113-things-to-say.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh looks delish! I love a good mexian restaurant and those chips look so good!

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my god, those fries look amazing.

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they taste as good as they look! gosh, I want some now :D

      Delete