article,

LIFE | Five Things To Do If You're Single

12:00:00 AM Arianne 8 Comments


I'm Single. Some of you are probably single. So, we're on the same boat. We're not going to wallow in self-pity on Valentine's Day. We're not going to look longingly at sickeningly sweet couples on the streets or on television. Instead, we're going to enjoy the single life. In today's post, I wanted to talk about five things we can do at home to avoid all the lovey-dovey happenings of the outside world.

1. WORK IT.
When all else fails, dive into some work. There's always work to be done. For me, that could mean that I have a book to edit, or a video to film and edit, or even a blog post to schedule. For some people, that means chores to be done or maybe some budgeting. Who doesn't love a good spreadsheet?

2. SWEETS and YOUTUBE.
We all have a favorite sweet. Chocolate bars, chocolate ice cream, chocolate cake... As this is the "season" for chocolates, why not indulge? While you're doing that, maybe there are some vlogs you need to catch up on. Sweets + YouTube = Happiness.

3. PAMPER.
Just because we don't have a hot date, doesn't mean we can't pamper ourselves. For me, that means taking an extra long shower, taking my time to exfoliate and shave, and even putting on a hair mask and singing along to One Direction on Pandora Radio. After that, maybe a good skincare pamper is in order as well. A nice resurfacing mask to get rid of pesky blemishes, or what about a hydrating mask for a nice, supple, glowing skin? Trust me, some person would wish he or she was your Valentine this year after you've finished with that pamper.

4. READ
If you're a bookworm like me, chances are, you have a book boyfriend. *waggles eyebrows* You know, that super hot, sexy man that maybe have a bit of a tortured soul, but is also a softie for you? Yes. Now that's what I call a hot date. Check out my saucy book blog for recommendations.

5. SHOPPING
Finally, we can't go wrong with shopping. It's just like at Christmas when I had no one to spent it with. Valentine's Day is just another holiday spent alone, but that doesn't mean I can't buy myself a few nice things. Maybe that amazing moisturizer I've had my eyes on, or a sexy lingerie just to feel good about myself. Your bank account is the limit (lol). 


Tell me in the comments what your plans are for Valentine's Day :)

8 comments:

  1. I have a boyfriend but we're long distance so there's been many valentines days where we haven't been together. I love reading but don't get around to it that much so that sounds like a lovely way to spend the day...if I can't be with my real boyfriend then I'll definitely take a book boyfriend ;)

    http://imperfectlyrachel.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeess!! perfect! it's all sorted then :) have fun!

      Delete
  2. Haha, I love a bit of shopping to fill the void :D

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even think of the word "void" till you mentioned it. Guess I really don't mind being single on Valentine's Day :)

      Delete
  3. I'm going to be getting in some ice cream and having a pamper session! Can't wait til all the chocolate gets discounted! xx

    Kimberley // thecolourchronicles.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shopping sounds like a great idea, although shops are closed on Sundays so it will have to be online shopping haha. I'll spend the day blogging and doing a Netflix marathon (and probably having some junk food). x

    113-things-to-say.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't have any plans but chocolate and youtube is a great idea! :)

    Velvet Blush

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome tips :) Very well thought of stuff, keep up the good content!

    http://skatterbrainn.wix.com/skatterbrainn#!Dealing-with-negativity/cao4/56b900170cf2fd311cdb159d

    ReplyDelete