angry,

LIFE | Three Things To Do When You're Upset

12:00:00 AM Arianne 8 Comments


I was a bit upset one day this week when this idea came to me. What can we do to vent our angry energy? I came up with three ideas below. I hope they work for you when you're having a bad day, too.

1. WORK OUT
I've read so many romance novels in which the male characters would start working out and pushing their bodies to the limit when upset. I decided to try this method. I found that whereas I had no motivation to go to the gym, when I was upset, I found I wanted to push my body more than I was accustomed to. I found a way to spend my angry energy and put it into something healthy for my body.

2. CREATE
When I was in high school, I was mostly depressed. I had no motivation to live, let alone get out of bed in the morning. And then, I found poetry. I started writing the darkest, saddest poetry I could put into paper and I used it as a form of escape. Now, I have a collection of poetic teen angst. I could honestly write a book about them.

3. EAT
This is the last point because this should be your last resort. I found that some of us, including myself, like to eat our feelings. I discovered this in 2013. I did not know what comfort food really meant until I started eating frozen desserts when I got upset. Obviously, desserts are not always good for our bodies, so like I said, do this as the very last resort. Or even if you do this as the first resort, make sure you work out afterwards ;)


How do you calm yourself down when you're upset?

8 comments:

  1. I love reading when I'm upset because it really makes me forget about my problems. I too sometimes just start eating jnk food which doesn't end well. Great post.

    LEJA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! Reading is now part of my work so it doesn't work all the time, but when it does, it's amazing :)

      Delete
  2. Definitely agree with these points. I tend to do all three.

    ZEKALIN

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree! working out with music on helps and food, of course! ♥

    Jadirah Sarmad at Jasmine Catches Butterflies ʚϊɞ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Food is like the best friend that's always there for you ;)

      Delete
  4. Nice list. Working out is really good when you're angry and sometimes when I'm upset I like to go for a walk (a light work out). I think creating is really good, too. I definitely did my fair share of writing teen angst poetry and diary entries, so I'm glad I'm not the only one.

    - Courtney
    courtneylthings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you're not alone :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete