all-natural,

BEAUTY | Pacifica: Jet Set Trio + Dream Big Mascara

12:00:00 AM Arianne 2 Comments


Welcome to March! I feel like it was just February yesterday, but hey, I'm not complaining. The new month meant a new Pacifica Beauty box in my mailbox to review. I was so excited that I ripped open the box as soon as I got to the privacy of my car. This month, I was surprised with their brand new hair care products launching this spring!

Exclusive to Ulta, the new haircare line has such beautiful packaging, resembling the rainbow. The set in my box is called Jet Set Hair Trio. It comes with Super Kale Shampoo and Conditioner, as well as the Hairvana Leave-On Detangling Conditioner.

First of all, the packaging is exquisite as always. I absolutely love that it's so spring and the bright colors really just make me happy. Now, let's talk about each product. The scent of the shampoo and conditioner are very subtle. It smells to me like fresh plants, probably because of the kale. The shampoo has a rich lather that doesn't drip on my eyes. I liked that. As for the conditioner, it isn't slippery like other conditioner. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet until I use it more.

The leave-on detangling conditioner smells like coconut, but this time, I actually love the smell. It smells like sweet coconut, like something I would want to eat. This one smells stronger in the tube, but once it sinks into the hair, the scent actually disappears. I like that a lot. I, then, blow dried my hair and I quite like the results. My hair looked healthy and happy :) Thumbs up, Pacifica!


I want to talk about the Dream Big Mascara. I received this a week after the February box. It's a really cool idea the way it twists giving me the option of length or volume. The packaging is also very beautiful and feels luxurious. 


The "length" side is pretty good at separating the lashes, actually. I like it for a really natural look. However, I do have to apply a couple coats to get it to look dark on my lashes.


As for the "volume" wand, it gives a little bit of volume, but not that impressive. I'm thinking, because it is an all-natural mascara, it can only do so much. It certainly doesn't compare to my favorite Maybelline mascaras. It also doesn't hold the curl.

If you're like me, however, who loves all-natural products, and sometimes cannot be bothered with heavy makeup, this mascara is perfect for that No Makeup makeup look for everyday use. 


What's your favorite haircare brand? Let me know in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. Interesting - I've never heard of kale shampoo or conditioner before. I'll have to do a little research on that. The products sound great! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they do, don't they? I can't wait to use them again!

      Delete