busy,

LIFE | What to Do When Down or Insecure

12:00:00 AM Arianne 7 Comments

Behind these eyes are the fears and insecurities I hide inside
Cloaked in the cheeriness of my smile
-A-

We all have those days. You know, the days when we feel lonely or insecure or just down for some reason. Sometimes we get into a rut and we don't know how to get out of it. This past weekend was one of those days. I felt lonely and detached from the world. I wanted to reach out, but I couldn't at the same time. If you ever feel this way in the future, below are some tips that might help.

Primp
Nothing gets me going than when I get myself ready. I may not have any plans, but if I go through the process of getting ready for something, I usually find something to do with myself. This means taking a shower, putting on my makeup, brushing my hair, and of course, getting dressed.

Be Productive
When I'm busy doing something productive, I don't feel lonely or insecure. As long as I'm able to immerse myself in my work--whatever it might be--I find that I am able to bounce back easily. Remember, "idle minds are the devil's workshops". Who wants the devil inside their head, anyway?

Journal
Now, this is more in preparation for the bad days. By keeping a journal, I can read through it and remind myself of my accomplishments and all the good and positive things in my life. 

Reach Out and Hug
We could always use a hug, but especially on days when life seems a bit dull and lonely. Although it might be difficult sometimes, reaching out to friends or family could just be the medicine you need to bounce back.

F**k It, Do You
This is more for when I feel insecure. Sometimes I feel like I'm not good enough because some people make me feel that way. They may not be aware of it, but their words sometimes hurt and make me doubt myself. Once I realize that I'm not the problem, I know that I only need to focus on myself and my wellbeing and nothing else matters. As long as I'm not hurting anyone else around me, there's nothing wrong with being a little selfish sometimes and taking care of me.


I hope you like this list. Let me know in the comments what you do when you're down or insecure.

7 comments:

  1. Love this list. Just getting ready can make you feel more comfortable going out and feel better about how you look, giving you more confidence. I tend to just take time and do what is going to make me happier/feel better whether that be taking a nap, working on an art project, or reading.

    - Courtney
    courtneylthings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ayre, I hate that you feel that way. I'm sending you big squishy hugs from Scotland I promise! <3

    I recently bought a notebook specifically for writing happy moments in so whenever I feel down, I can read through it and see how good life has been lately. I also draw a happy or sad face in my diary and at the end of the month, I total them up to see how the month has been, what caused me to feel down etc. It's been great for helping me to avoid things that make me feel poop.

    These tips are fab Ayre and I'll keep this post bookmarked for the future! Sending you lots of warm hugs :)

    RebeccaJane xo
    http://pocahontasjane.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for the hugs!!! I realized lately that I haven't been writing on my Sprinkle of Glitter diary so I'll have to start doing that again...

      Delete
  3. A great motivational post, thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! I've nominated you for the Liebster Award (mostly because I think your answers will be super fun). If you've already done this award, I hope you don't let that stop you. This will be my second time, teehee. But they're so much fun! You can find your questions on my blog at www.rebekahkoontzsite.com.
    I hope you are able to do it!

    Humor & Lifestyle // www.rebekahkoontzsite.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great tips, thank you for sharing! It's really important to realise that you're not the problem although it can be hard because others make you think you are. Being productive and writing down your feelings definitely helps. Other things that I find effective are writing down things I'm grateful for, writing a bucket list or looking at 'happy memories' on my laptop. xx

    113-things-to-say.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete