call to action,

Help Me: Help Homeless Women For My Birthday In June

12:00:00 AM Arianne 2 Comments

Conscious Period Logo

Hi everyone! Today, I want to share with you something meaningful that I want to do for my birthday in June. Please keep reading to find out how you can help.

I was watching Ingrid Nilsen's video about periods. I loved the idea of finding a shelter and donating kits for women during that special time of the month. Less unfortunate women don't always have access to sanitary supplies or a bathroom, and using unsanitary things such as a dirty sock puts these women in danger of infection and illness.

So, for my birthday this year, I thought it would be a great idea to give back to the women in my community.

I went to the Conscious Period website, which is the company mentioned in Ingrid's video. They manufacture period products that's "health conscious, social conscious, and eco conscious." I definitely love the idea of the company, which is why I want to do something that supports their cause.

I learned from Ingrid's video that women who live in shelters or are homeless prefer pads over tampons because they are more convenient to use and lower maintenance than tampons. So, I am currently collecting coupons for pads so that I can gather my supplies and make kits to donate to a shelter of my choice. (I haven't yet decided how I will choose a shelter.)

The kit will include:
Pads
Panty liners
Intimate cleansing cloths

UPDATE: I went a bit mental at Target so I already have 372 pads which can make between 24-37 kits. I currently have 240 panty liners and only 64 cleansing cloths.

How can you help?

There are two ways you can help:

1. You can donate a monetary donation as little as $1, 1€, or 1£ and send it to me as a gift via PayPal using my email: ariannecruz07 at gmail . com. All proceeds will go into creating the kits. Please make sure that you send it as a gift so that I do not get charged a fee by PayPal. When sending your donations, please write a note that says "Conscious Period".

2. You can send a pack of pads, panty liners, and/or intimate cleansing cloths (any brand) to my mailbox: PO Box 1038 Vista CA 92085. 

I hope that you will help me provide sanitary essentials for the less fortunate women in my community on my birthday this year. Donations will be accepted until May 31, 2016. After this date, I will put together the kits and then deliver them to a shelter. 


Thank you for reading, and thank you in advance for your help.

2 comments:

  1. This is great what you're doing! People totally forget that homeless women have periods too, and for some bizarre reason sanitary products like pads and tampons aren't available freely even though condoms are... I'll donate money 'cos with postage sending something will just waste money I may as well donate :) lots of love to you! <3
    Amber Love Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much Amber! I'm so excited to put the kits together!

      Delete