bad day,

I've Lost My Marbles (Story time)

12:00:00 AM Arianne 2 Comments


I was really tickled when this happened to me, so I thought I would share here. I hope you get a good laugh out of it, too.

Once upon a time... haha, just kidding!

I was having an okay day at work. I was calling a company that spoke a different language than English, though they were in an English-speaking country. I was put on hold multiple times, then the person on the other line hung up! RUDE! I called again and as soon as I spoke, I was put on another hold. The person didn't even let me finish! I was so mad!

So, as per my personal protocol, I started squeezing a stress man (it's like a stress ball in the shape of a man, pictured above). I was so mad that I wondered if his head would come off if I twisted it. I squeeze him so much, but he doesn't break, so I wondered if he'd break if I...twisted him instead?

*RIP*

Oh. My. Gosh. I'd decapitated him! As soon as I realized what I'd done, I started giggling...and then I turned to my neighbor to confess my crime. I was in a fit of laughter by this time. I felt guilty, but I couldn't stop laughing. It was bubbling deep within me and it wanted to surface. So, I kept laughing, while simultaneously wanted to cry because, let's face it, I had a really bad time the day before, and then this happened. I was ticking... Tick tock. Tick tock.

Well, I guess I killed the stress man. I went to another neighbor and asked her to perform surgery on the man, but she said I had to make an appointment.

I mean, when I set him down and he's just standing there, you can't even tell. He looks as normal as before. Really, his head is still intact, so technically, the crime wasn't first degree. Right? Right?!

WOOSAH.

Has anyone seen my marbles?

2 comments: