calamari rings,

Shogun Teppan Steak and Sushi | Happy Hour

12:00:00 AM Arianne 11 Comments


You probably know by now that I love sushi and seafood. So, when my mom suggested we go to Shogan Restaurant to celebrate Mother's Day, I went along with it. Also, it was her day; I wasn't going to say no ;)

To start, I ordered Calamari Rings (pictured above). It was completely deep fried and reminded me of onion rings. It was surprisingly tender and delicious, though I wouldn't make it a habit to order it. I wasn't that comfortable with how deep fried it was, but I thought, once in a while I'd indulge.

Since we came during happy hour, we had a limited selection of dishes, so I just went for the Eel roll. It was delicious, actually. My mom ordered a California roll, but it was too bland for me.


As for my mom's main dish, she ordered Yellow Tail Cama. She went on and on about how it didn't taste fishy and it was simply delicious. It was basically the neck of a yellow tail. I tried it and it was delicious, but there was something about it that I wasn't crazy about. Anyway, my mom really enjoyed it and that was all that matter. She also ordered a side of rice, because, well, she eats anything with rice ;)


Overall, I'd go back to the restaurant simply because my mom loved it. Happy hour deals were great, though I can't say the same about the regular menu.


Have you tried a Yellow Tail Cama? If not, what's your favorite dish to order at a sushi restaurant besides sushi?

11 comments:

  1. I love sushi!! When I was on holiday, we had the most amazing fish place and they did a vegetarian sushi that was massive!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't use to eat sushi.. and now here I am :)

      Delete
  2. They look absolutely delicious! As you already know, I seriously love Japanese food. In fact, I had a teriyaki tofu don for dinner and it made me so happy (great food = happy me). Have you ever tried making sushi before? A lot of people think it's really complicated. I actually thought the calamari rings were little potato croquettes haha..

    Stephii Mattea xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried making sushi but it turned out rock hard...like it could hurt someone lol

      Delete
    2. ...how? I get making gnocchi turn out rock hard, complicating finicky things they are, but sushi? That's weird!

      Delete
    3. maybe wrong type of rice?

      Delete
    4. Ahh, you didn't use medium or, preferably, short grain rice? At Asian shops they have bags labelled as sushi rice.

      Delete
    5. I didn't buy the ingredients, but it was probably the wrong kind of rice. It was hard lol

      Delete
  3. The Calamari rings with the dips look so appetizing to me! It's a little late but Happy Mother's day to your mum and lots of love for both of you! :) I am planning on going for seafood on my birthday next month unlike the usual pizza for dinner! :D x

    Jadirah Sarmad at Jasmine Catches Butterflies ʚϊɞ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hope your birthday is filled with delicious seafood!

      Delete
  4. Yummm. That sushi looks delish! Whereabouts is Shogun? I've never heard of it :/

    Amy xx
    Beautybox410.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete