afraid,

Meet My Demons

12:00:00 AM Arianne 3 Comments


We all have our own demons. Here are mine.

--Insecurities--

We all have insecurities, but I'm plagued by mine. I know I'm not supposed to listen to the nasty voice in my head, but sometimes it's too loud; it's too strong.

You're not good enough.
You don't belong here.
You don't have enough experience.
You're nothing important
You're not worth loving.

--Fear--

No one is without fear, but I fear more than most and most of them are irrational.

I'm afraid of animals.
I'm afraid of people.
I'm afraid of making the wrong decisions.
I'm afraid of what people might say about me.
I'm afraid of losing my mind.
I'm afraid to love and to care because it means being vulnerable.

--Past--

We are who we are because of our past. I feel broken because of mine.

Broken family.
Broken spirit.
Broken friendship.
Broken relationships.
Broken bridges.
Broken mind.

We all have our demons. Sometimes, they become our only companion because we've chased the world away from us in fear of consuming others into the darkness. We all have our demons, but that doesn't mean we have to live with them forever.

Make a pledge with me to do whatever it takes to overcome the negativity. Promise yourself that no matter how hard it gets, you will continue fighting. No matter how many tears you have to shed, you will continue pushing on...because at the end of the tunnel is the light and a new beginning. 

On the other side of that tunnel is a new life in which you have room to let people in, to let them love you the way you deserve to be loved. On the other side is a person who is kind and able to care for others without being afraid of disappointment, but only feel joy in being able to impart love and kindness to others.

On the other side of the tunnel is You. Me. Us.


I'll see you when we get there. Good luck.

3 comments:

  1. Insecurities and fears and traumas of our past can haunt us, but it is important to keep moving because what else is life but forward motion? One of my favorite quotes I say to myself when I'm feeling overwhelmed is: "It'll all be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end."

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete