acceptance,

Meditation in July

12:00:00 AM Arianne 8 Comments


Back in April, I meditated every single day and it was my best month yet. I noticed a difference when I didn't meditate in May and June. So, as a mid-year resolution, I decided to get back into meditation. Now halfway through the month of July, I feel great. I feel calm, collected, and cheerful. Meditation is quite magical!

The day I wrote this post, I felt like I had a lot of trials sent my way. Thanks to the practice of meditation, I was able to detach myself from such situations and stay calm, patient, and understanding. When I felt I was about to be overwhelmed, I closed my eyes and counted my breaths in two sets of ten. Then after focusing on my breath, I let my mind do whatever it wanted, let whatever thought it wanted to explore.

By practicing meditation every night, I learned that after focusing on my breathing, when I try to actually stop focusing and let thoughts come back in, no thoughts would actually come. When that happened, I felt like I actually accomplished something. My mind was clear and it was at peace.


Although there might still be times when I would find meditating such a chore, I now know what a vital practice it is. My psychologist always tells me when I'm agitated, that it is not possible to be calm and anxious at the same time. He's right! By being able to stay centered, the negativity around me cannot affect me. Or if it does, I am able to come back to my center and move on or let go. Of course, the mind would continue to bombard me with unwanted thoughts, but by practicing meditation, I am essentially gifting myself with the ability to stay focused and let the distractions go.

What a beautiful discovery, don't you think? I use the app Headspace and sometimes Calm when I want to practice. I hope you would give it a try after reading this post. Try it for a week first, and then when you are successful, keep on going. If you falter, it's okay. Keep on going. Meditation will not be perfect, but if you let it, it can be peaceful.

Sending happy thoughts to you all...

x Ayre

8 comments:

  1. I feel like meditation is super important to keep your mind clear and positive :)
    xx
    http://putitallonme.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's very helpful though the challenge is to stick to it.

      Delete
  2. Awesome photography!! Such a lovely post! <3

    Amelia | Amelia Grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always try to be mindful! Being someone who has depression it really does help me! Lovely phost hun and the photos are stunning!
    Fix Me In Forty Five - A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog
    Blog Lovin' // Instagram
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meditation does amazing things. I'm really flaky and will do it for a few nights one week and then forget about it for weeks. I would love to make it a habit like this because I'm sure it would be such a great change for me too. I hope you're able to continue it!

    - Courtney
    courtneylthings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if you incorporate it as part of a routine, it's easier to do it that way :)

      Delete