beauty,

My First Ever Mani-Pedi

12:00:00 AM Arianne 3 Comments

Last weekend, my mom decided that she would treat me to my first ever manicure and pedicure at a nail salon. I was very excited. I'd never had them done because I honestly could not justify paying someone to do something I was perfectly capable of doing.

My mom said that it came with a massage. So, okay, I was convinced.

The first thing that I noticed when I entered the salon--besides that it was full--was the smell. It was so overwhelming; I don't know how I was able to sit there and endure it. I was there for over an hour, and not once did I exit the salon. The extreme heat outside might have had something to do with it.

Anyway, the colors I'd chosen were: OPI From Ears to Tail for my manicure, and Savina glitter polish for my ring fingers. For my pedicure, I thought China Glaze's That's Shore Bright would look great. I was very excited about the color because I'd never had a shade of purple like it before.


The pedicure included a little hydromassage, then a massage from the manicurist. There were buffing and other things that I didn't even think of doing, so I was glad for the bit of education. I did feel a bit pampered while sitting there on the massage chair. I wished that the massage balls were stronger, but I let it go. 


After we left, my mom asked me if I liked it. I said yes, but I probably would only go once or twice a year at most. Though my mom always enjoyed her visits, I wasn't that into it. I only went along with it because she paid for it (lol). 

I did feel, however, that I wanted to start painting my nails again. I went for a year or so without painting them because I didn't like it when the chemicals would make them look yellow or peel. Anyway, my nails were back to normal and ready to be painted again. If nothing else, this was an inspiring experience and a chance to bond with my mom.

I would leave you with a quote from the salon walls. Thanks for reading!



x Ayre

3 comments:

  1. I love the colour of your toes! I've too never had a mani or pedi but definitely something I want to try!

    The Makeup Directory

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omg I'm not alone!!! I thought I was the only one in the world who's never had it done lol

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous! Your purple toes are such a fantastic shade. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete