beauty,

Skincare Routine 2016

5:46:00 PM Arianne 13 Comments


It's so exciting finding a nice routine especially for skincare. I think this year, I've found a new and simple routine from washing to prepping to moisturizing. I was confused at some point whether I wanted to use loads of products on my face, or keep it really simple with just one or two products, and then I found this routine. It's still short and sweet, but I think it works.


To start, I wash my face with the First Aid Beauty Face Cleanser. It's really gentle and it's all-natural. Just what I wanted for my cleanser. I love everything about it except for the packaging, or maybe it's the consistency of the product. Every time I open it, the product oozes out and I have to scoop it from the lid or something. 


The next step is toning my face using the Reviva Labs Organic Skin Tonic. I love the smell of this product! It smells like lavender and you all know how much I love lavender-scented products. However, again, the packaging isn't quite right. The spray nozzle is terrible that if I try to spray it on my face, it goes to one section and completely miss my face instead of a wide mist. I decided to spray it on my hand three times instead and apply it that way. It feels a bit wasteful, but I make the best of it.


After toning, I move on to my Lanoline Manuka Honey Skin Renew Firming Serum. I didn't like this at first because it was sticky. However, I went back to it again and found that it's now manageable. I think it's performance somehow relies on the water I'm using.


Finally, I use the First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream to moisturize my face. I love that it's thick, but it's not heavy on the face. It says it's fragrance free, but it actually smells a bit minty because of the eucalyptus in the ingredient. I would highly recommend this product especially for skincare beginners. Not only that, but it's multi-purpose in that you can use it anywhere in your body that needs hydration.

So, what kind of products do you use on your skincare routine? Please share in the comments!

x Ayre

13 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I'm really hoping that it actually does firm up the skin ;)

      Delete
  2. I keep it very simple with just a Neutrogena face wash and Simple replenishing moisturizer. My skin is really sensitive so I'm always a little scared to try new products!

    - Courtney
    courtneylthings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I have sensitive skin, too, but it reacts mostly to the water I'm using to wash it.

      Delete
  3. I've never tried any of these before, but they look really good. I'm currently finishing up a line of anti-blemish products from Burt's Bees, and so far, so good. :)

    Jorj | Mad Cherry


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Burt's Bees is pretty gentle :) I liked one of their cleansers, though I can't remember now what it was called.

      Delete
  4. Great post! I really love seeing peoples skin care routines! <3

    Amelia | http://amelia-g.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've really been enjoying the First Aid Beauty brand, it's such a good all round brand xx

    Gemma ♡ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your style is so unique compared to other people I have read stuff from. Thanks for posting when you have the opportunity, Guess I will just bookmark this page.

    ReplyDelete