alpine rose,

Too Faced Born This Way Foundation

12:00:00 AM Arianne 13 Comments


I was so focused on getting an all-natural foundation that I didn't even want to look at the Too Faced Born This Way Foundation at Sephora or Ulta. I knew it had one ingredient that I was trying to avoid. However, when my attempt at going completely all-natural proved a bit too difficult and my skin ended up suffering from it, I decided to give in and be a bit more lenient when it came to certain ingredients. Hence, why I finally got a sample of this foundation, and eventually purchased it. Best decision ever.

When I do a pump of this on the back of my hand, the consistency is quite thick and creamy. In reality, this is a very lightweight and buildable foundation. I love the way it glides on my skin and it doesn't cake at first contact. Yey!

Can we talk about the packaging though? It's quite big, but I love everything about the packaging. It looks so regal and I absolutely love foundation in a frosted glass. There's something about it that makes me feel like the product is extra special. Oh, and did I mention it comes with an actual pump? Score!

I love that it has coconut water, which helps with giving my face a radiant look. It also has hyaluronic acid for that youthful effect, and Alpine Rose for promoting elasticity and brightening. Who doesn't want any of that on her skin? I certainly do.

One thing I noticed is that it doesn't seem to last the whole day. That, or maybe it's my oily skin that is the problem. Regardless, I'd still use it. Maybe I'll just touch up in the afternoons if I feel I need a refresh.

UPDATE: I have been using this foundation while going to conferences and I must say that with a great concealer, I didn't feel the need to touch up. 

Let me know if you've tried this foundation and how you got on with it in the comments!
P.S. I'm in the shade Light Beige, in case you were interested :)


x Ayre

13 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to try this foundation for a long time, shame to hear it's not that long lasting but it still sounds and looks great!

    The Makeup Directory

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd still repurchase it, to be honest :)

      Delete
  2. I've been wanting to try this for ages! Thanks for sharing, very helpful

    http://www.nourishyourglow.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love this product! I'm just on the hunt for the right shade to match my skin tone, hopefully the next time I buy it I'll get it right :) Great post! x

    Emily Lavenders

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. are you able to get samples or maybe try it on at the store?

      Delete
  4. i really want to try this, i do have oily skin as well so i usually find that i need to touch up no matter what.

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, oily face problems, but if it means we'd have less wrinkles down the line, then I'm for that :)

      Delete
  5. Yes, we can talk about the packaging! And the fab name. It's a bit sad this doesn't last all day!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely become my fave since it's light but has great coverage.

      Delete
  6. Everyone has been loving this foundation, and I have to say that I love the way it looks but I haven't even tested it yet! xx Adaleta Avdic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you get to try it. It's quite amazing and light.

      Delete
  7. I still haven't tried this but I really want to! I might grab this when my skin lightens in the fall. :)

    S .x http://ramblingsofayoungprgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete