books,

My Top 5 YA Series

12:00:00 AM Arianne 1 Comments


In case you didn't know, I'm a big, nerdy bookworm. When I went through my first (and only) breakup, I felt lost, until I saw a youtuber talk about one of her favorite books. I went to the library and checked out the book, and the rest was history. At the time, I was really into anything young adult. Now, I read mostly romance and nothing appropriate for young (or even new) adults. For now, read on and reminisce with me about the five young adult series that got me hooked. I've photographed the first book of each series so that you can check them out if you'd like.


My absolute favorite series (young adult or otherwise) was Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead. During the time that I was becoming a bookworm, the vampire fad was huge, so it only made sense that I jumped on the vampire bandwagon. From the very beginning, I was hooked by the action in this book and the character of Rose. She was such a strong character with an iron will and fierce loyalty to her best friend. I honestly could not recommend this book enough. The movie, sadly, didn't do this series justice. If you were considering reading it, but you saw the movie first, I'd still suggest you read the books. 


The most recent series I enjoyed was Carrier of the Mark by Leigh Fallon. It was about a group of teenagers who had control of the elements: fire, water, earth, and air. The last one was possessed by an unsuspecting girl, and she didn't know about her abilities until later. Something about the way this book was written got me hooked. I loved it so much that I purchased the second book immediately after finishing the first one.


Still on the vampire bandwagon, I found Morganville Vampires by Rachel Caine. The first book was called Glass Houses, but the one I have was actually a volume. I actually preferred them as the covers were gorgeous! The books were about four friends who lived in a town of vampires, and their journey consisted of surviving the vampires, fighting them, and even working for them. It was so gripping and I couldn't put the books down!


I don't actually remember when I started reading Personal Demons by Lisa Desrochers. What I do remember was that shortly after reading the first book, I had the chance to meet her at my local library. I was so excited to meet an author for the first time and I tried not to fangirl. The book was about an angel named Gabriel and a demon named Luke, fighting over a girl. The way that the author described the story was so well-written, that I was hooked from the start. I also enjoyed it when later in the books, the author described what Hell looked like in her imagination. So cool.


When I went through my breakup, I turned to Marked by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast from the House of Night series, and I owe this series EVERYTHING. If it wasn't for this amazing series, I wouldn't be the bookworm I became. I really enjoyed reading it and I kept reading until I ran out of books or the library took forever to get me the next book. This was another vampire story where students were chosen to go to vampire school. It was one of the great ones. I loved it so much that I searched for other vampire series when I ran out of books to read, and that's when I found Vampire Academy, and the rest was history. 

So, there you have it; my favorite young adult series. I couldn't imagine what I was doing with my life before I discovered the joy of reading books. I couldn't imagine never reading books again. That would be such a sad existence, wouldn't you agree?

Let me know in the comments your favorite books and why you love them :)

x Ayre

1 comment: